On 9/25/2022 at 2:41 AM, lamoe said:

Haven't decided on name for our road yet. They didn't understand why "The Money Pit" is funny.

Careful, or you might have people sneaking in at night or while you are out to dig around to find out where exactly that pit is where the money is buried.

My wife's town was occupied by the Japanese in WW2, and they stationed a garrison there, with soldiers billeted in one of the largest houses in town.  After the war, rumors circulated that they had buried gold there.   This was a large and rather substantial house built out of brick and concrete, and was one of the few houses in town with a concrete basement.

Well at some point in the 1980s the house became vacant, and attempts to locate the "gold" became increasingly bold, to the point where the house now is pretty much demolished, you can still see where some of the walls stood and the lot is full of rubble.  No gold yet as far as anyone knows. :)

Maybe name the road Walang Pera (no money) or something like that?

• Haha 2
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• TequilaSunset

• fred42

• Chris24

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First attempt using the drone. Will get better. Bought her an 80M x 16M plot last year. This year is our 5th anniversary so building a house. Dimensions are C/L of hollow block. Single story

Final course finished - 17 total (including foundation). Solid foundation with heavy re-bar (4 / 20 ft lengths from each end with wire tied shaped squares) 2 ft below that.  Same method for posts. You

Have you considered one that keeps Jehovah's Witnesses away?  

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Chris24 said:

Careful, or you might have people sneaking in at night or while you are out to dig around to find out where exactly that pit is where the money is buried.

My wife's town was occupied by the Japanese in WW2, and they stationed a garrison there, with soldiers billeted in one of the largest houses in town.  After the war, rumors circulated that they had buried gold there.   This was a large and rather substantial house built out of brick and concrete, and was one of the few houses in town with a concrete basement.

Well at some point in the 1980s the house became vacant, and attempts to locate the "gold" became increasingly bold, to the point where the house now is pretty much demolished, you can still see where some of the walls stood and the lot is full of rubble.  No gold yet as far as anyone knows. :)

Maybe name the road Walang Pera (no money) or something like that?

It's actually two roads - the one leading in from the main barangay road which has no name, so the addresses look like this TX3W8+2M6, Tagbilaran North Road, Inabanga, 6332 Bohol and the one that splits off to what will be our place, BIL and Bro's places.

1313 Mockingbird Lane?

• Like 2
On 9/27/2022 at 7:10 AM, Topper said:

Because they didn't get it right the first two times?

It's 1 scim coat and 2 scam coats!

Edited by fred42
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, fred42 said:

It's 1 scim coat and 2 scam coats!

I know. I was just making a joke.:D

• Haha 2
lamoe

Well done tomorrow - had them go to 70FT - having Tata explain things means small details get lost - like the 35K was until hit water (25ft) - so it'll cost me 42K (P600x70) about $715. Still need 1 hp pump and fittings.

Having major disagreement with BIL concerning water tank(s) / lines. Won't go into details other than to say - much like "whole house fan" - the way I want it done is not the way they normally do it.

I'm very familiar with the purple primer then solvent method.

Is Neltex (solvent / cement) any good for high pressure (40psi is high here:rolleyes:)? I've read that it's max psi is 180.

Will use metal fittings / pipe from pump to bladder tank.