RAO Subic announces loss of FPO mail privilege as of 23 August 2022

Jim_in_Jax

Suggest anyone who has a FPO address through RAO contact their representatives about the impending loss of this service.  I know as for myself, I get all my meds from ExpressScripts not to mention bank correspondence and numerous other important things that either cannot be sent to a foreign address (prescriptions) or too risky (credit card replacements/renewals).  This is just another erosion of our benefits that we need to speak out against if we have hope of trying to save it.  Below is the Facebook link to RAO Subic's announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/111347250599771/posts/575609597506865/?d=m

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Chako

Thank you, this is too sad to hear you are correct about the erosion of benefits :angry2:

• Like 2
SmokyMtnRon

What is everyone's plans when this takes effect? 

I'm figuring I can use a Virtual Mailbox Service (https://expertvagabond.com/best-virtual-mailbox-service/) for the majority of my mail.

But what about important mail that you have to get, such as credit/debit cards, etc.?

There is no way in hell I'm trusting the the Philippine post office with these type of items!

Let's hear some ideas.

• Like 1
Headshot

If this actually occurs, it will cost me between $800 and $1000 a year just for prescriptions. That is the difference in what my prescriptions cost me through Express Scripts and what they cost me if purchased locally. Express Scripts can't deliver to a foreign address. As for regular mail, it would require that I either use a virtual mail service (which I really don't want to do) or switch over to my street address here and hope that mail would actually reach me from the US through the PhilPost mail system (fat chance). This makes living in the Philippines just that much more expensive.

Edited by Headshot
  • Sad 1
Headshot

Correction: It will cost me an additional $3000 a year if I have to purchase my prescriptions locally.

• Sad 1