Loaded gun under your pillow?

HappyinPH
Just now, maximian said:

Doesn’t have to be large. My Jack Russel has already bitten two family members ( good dog) They now refuse to come into the house and sit outside with two well behaved Rottweilers. 

Difficult to know how our two dogs would behave if someone tried to break in at night. Obviously they would bark a lot, as they do if a delivery boy comes and stays outside the gate. The barking would wake us up, but I have no idea whether/how much they would bite the intruder. 

M.C.A.
1 hour ago, HappyinPH said:

Difficult to know how our two dogs would behave if someone tried to break in at night. Obviously they would bark a lot, as they do if a delivery boy comes and stays outside the gate. The barking would wake us up, but I have no idea whether/how much they would bite the intruder. 

The dog is basically an early warning system (better than the CC camera) for you to get ready to defend yourself because some of these guys just don't care if they get bitten the dog would have to be a larger breed that's used for defense.

Fresh
5 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

The best security in the Philippines is a large house dog.

And much needed in the provinces.  But like the loaded gun under the pillow, less so for security reasons if you're in a gated subdivision surrounded by armed guards and security cams everywhere.

• Like 1
maximian
On 5/24/2022 at 5:23 AM, RogerDuMond said:

There are basically two licenses, one to own and keep the gun in your home, and another to carry outside of your home.

There is also a separate licence each firearm which is valid for five years or ten years. The permit to carry has always been a bit of a gray area in the Philippines, as in the theory the permit is only to transport the gun from A to B in a secure compartment.