Sending Money from the Philippines to abroad (Germany)

Mauifever

What is the best way to send/transfer money from the Philippines (I have a Filipino BPI Account) to a Foreign (German bank account). Is there an easier way than Western Union? Wise is supposedly only working From Germany to the Philippines. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

A_Simple_Man

I found it could be done but not easily.  I found that the money had to be sent as a bank transfer because you have to fill out forms to explain where that money came from.  You may have a different experience but I found it best to explain to my Philippine bank manager what I wanted to do and why and he helped me with the paperwork.

• Thanks 1
BossHog
Posted (edited)
Is there an easier way than Western Union?
Thought Western Union was easy. That's why it costs more. You're paying a premium for speed and convenience.
I recently used MoneyGram to send 5000 Euros to Austria (not Germany I know). PHP cash at a window but you can nominate the funds in Euros. Successful transaction in minutes.
But I never used MoneyGram to send to a bank. Just person to person in cash.

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 1
Mauifever
On 5/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, BossHog said:

Thought Western Union was easy. That's why it costs more. You're paying a premium for speed and convenience.
I recently used MoneyGram to send 5000 Euros to Austria (not Germany I know). PHP cash at a window but you can nominate the funds in Euros. Successful transaction in minutes.
But I never used MoneyGram to send to a bank. Just person to person in cash.

Thank you. Their exchange rates are really bad though. Thanks though