James Musslewhite Passed at 64

the chimp

I first had contact with James  several years ago after Harry Doyle was murdered.I had met Harry in Surigao and spent a pretty wild night with him,and found out about his death on this forum and subsequent investigation that James was putting a lot of time into.My wife and I returned to Dinagat Island in March of 2021,where we spent 5 months staying with her family and meeting new ex pat friends,none of whom knew of James,which I thought was strange,because there were very few expats on the island and it is a smallish place. I had communicated with him on FB messenger where he told me alot about his lobster farm,and that we would be coming to Dinagat and that hopefully we could meet for a beer. Unfortunately that never happened.We left Dinagat in August,spent a couple months in Surigao City.I did meet a local filipino guy by happenstance who new James quite well,but hadn't seen him in a while.We left Surigao 6 weeks before Odette hit.I messaged him on FB sometime in Jan. or Feb. to see if he made it thru the storm ok.I never heard back from him.We never crossed paths physically,but thru communicating with him on this forum and FB,I Felt as though I had developed a friendship with him.May he rest in peace,and may his family be looked after.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bert

• Headshot

• Salty Dog

• KID

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A former moderator here.  A neighbor of mine for several years in Surigao City. A Marine. He had a working farm in Cagdianao, Dinagat Islands, where Typhoon Odette made landfall. H

I'll miss James. The fact that he recently left Surigao only to find an untimely end is sad indeed. I think we all admired his pragmatism and go-it-alone gumption. Was he idiosyncratic? Sure. But most

OMG. James was a good friend. He will be missed, and not only by his family. Odette really wiped them out here in the Philippines, so they were going back to Texas to make a new start. Although that d

Posted Images

DeedleNuts
On 4/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, Headshot said:

RIP James. You were too young to die.

Yeah I didn't see that coming. Best to the family.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, Nangulo said:

He had a stroke, fell and hit his head. 

But for the grace of God, there go I

Had a stroke myself at the beginning of the year, 1 more step and I would have hit my head on the bar in my living room. 2 less and I would have been outside and froze to death on a 43F degree night

RIP James , always enjoyed your posts

• Like 2