• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bert

• Headshot

• Salty Dog

• Edwin

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A former moderator here.  A neighbor of mine for several years in Surigao City. A Marine. He had a working farm in Cagdianao, Dinagat Islands, where Typhoon Odette made landfall. H

I'll miss James. The fact that he recently left Surigao only to find an untimely end is sad indeed. I think we all admired his pragmatism and go-it-alone gumption. Was he idiosyncratic? Sure. But most

OMG. James was a good friend. He will be missed, and not only by his family. Odette really wiped them out here in the Philippines, so they were going back to Texas to make a new start. Although that d

Posted Images

samatm

Wow..  I am saddened to hear this news.   I always felt certain kinship  to James though we hardly knew each other in that we both were from the Houston area and we had  landed back in Philippines  around the same time .  That and my 2 kids were close in age to his son.   I always read his posts and did have the pleasure to enjoy Mexican food with him and I think Bill joined us way back around  2010 or so.   My son has just recently moved to Austin as well.  I always wanted to visit his place there at Dinagat Island but never made it.     After the storm I was always wondering how he fared.   Did he post about the storm?     

Will sure miss you  James.     Life is short.     Happy Easter.   He is risen!.     See ya  later James.

Edited by samatm
grammar
  • Like 5
Captainmike

R.I.P and Godspeed

philuk

R.I.P James, so sad, thank you for teaching me something again.

Live for Today, Tomorrow may never come. 

• Like 3
softail

Over the years we have lost so many quality members of this forum. James definitely fits into this category. James was definitely a one of a kind and will be missed. James did it his way and didn’t look back, that is how life should be lived.

One thing that I take away from his loss is that I will be not putting off things that I have in my bucket list. I will never  know when disaster will strike and my time will be done.

• Like 5
Kabisay-an gid

• Like 2
Pman

Rest In Peace. 

• 3 weeks later...
TimL

Wow.. so sorry to hear this. :(

• Like 1
smokey

James was and always be missed

• Like 1
davehud

RIP. One of the best posters this board had.

• Like 3
Sealover
Posted (edited)

Sad news, I have always admired the way he lived his life, never meet him in person but chat with him online,  RIP James

Edited by Sealover
wrong spelling
  • Like 1
bmoore

I am very sorry to hear that James had passed. His project posts and local crime reports were very interesting. The last I heard was that typhoon Odette wiped out his place in Surigao and that he was returning to Texas. I believe we were both stationed in Okinawa about that same time in the early eighties.  That was when I had my first MAC flight to the RP.

As davehud stated, "One of the best posters this board had".

RIP James. Best wishes to his wife.

• Like 5
kaloy

rip James

hyaku

Very sad I did ask about him on the group after Odette but no one seemed to know anything. Just too young. RIP James

USMC-Retired
On 4/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, Headshot said:

Yeah, they had a garden store and nursery in the Houston area for years until it was destroyed by two hurricanes. Seems like cyclonic storms had it in for James.

I only knew James through the forum and always entertaining.  My father oddly knew him here in Houston when working in the Nursery/Farming industry.   RIP...

• Like 2