What Happened?

Headshot

LinC Forums has been showing as OFFLINE for over two days. So, what happened? Was this the result of another update?

• Like 1
SkyMan

Bit of a regular occurrence. 

A_Simple_Man

I have noticed it happening a couple of times now.  I figured it was either just me or the owner not paying the bills.  Nice to know its not just me.

Semper paratus

Shit happens. Welcome to technology. Just ask the VA or the gov't.

Chris24

There are several things to keep track of with a web site - - hosting, domain registration, updates.   There are bound to be occasional outages, but hopefully no permanent data loss. 

Ozepete

I thought the outage might have been a hint for us tight arsed freeloader members to kick in some dollars to keep the show on the road!!!  The donations thing to the RHS has not moved for ages so how about it?  And could some payment details be listed here like Paypal Acc  or bank BSB, Acc # and Acc name.

• Like 1
to_dave007
1 hour ago, Ozepete said:

I thought the outage might have been a hint for us tight arsed freeloader members to kick in some dollars to keep the show on the road!!!  The donations thing to the RHS has not moved for ages so how about it?  And could some payment details be listed here like Paypal Acc  or bank BSB, Acc # and Acc name.

Just tried it myself. Clicked the blue DONATE button and from the next page.. it took just seconds to make a PayPal donation.  Been thinking it was time to donate again.  Done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
wildman01

I noticed it was offline yesterday, been awhile since I've been on here.

cookie47
2 hours ago, Ozepete said:

bank BSB, Acc # and Acc name.

Yes, A local pH Bank details would seem prudent. I dont have PayPal. I did, but they Fked me over in Australia so I spat the dummy....