Insurance required to enter Philippines

MJones

It is my understanding that one is required to have medical insurance to cover covid when entering the Philippines. The same for Vietnam. Can anyone suggest a company to buy from? I will be going to the Philippines and a few other countries. I want to absolute minimum require. I am Canadian so a Canadian company might work best, but maybe it does not matter.  Thanks very much!

A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, MJones said:

I want to absolute minimum require. I am Canadian so a Canadian company might work best

I have a CIBC Visa.  I phoned their customer service number to ask if I have coverage when I purchase my airline ticket on the card. In my case I did not, but they gave me the number of their insurance provider.  I called and told them I wanted the absolute minimum Covid coverage to satisfy Philippine immigration.  I got a 30 day policy for about CAD$135.  If you can do better than that then go for it.  If you like that price, try to contact them. Allianz is their name.  Here is an email they sent me.

Hello,

Thank you for your call and your interest in our CIBC travel insurance.

Please find attached the CIBC sample policy wording.

For any questions, please contact our Consumer Sales Centre at 1-800-281-9109 or collect at 416-340-7124. Our licensed Sales Associates will be happy to assist you between our temporary hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST Monday to Friday.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Consumer Sales Centre

temp.thumb.jpg.70ff55a1a5cbcc88964a034da95f738a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
MJones

I really appreciate your reply. I will do the same. Thanks so much!