Coldest Arctic Temperatures in 40 Years

Headshot

• Thanks 2
mikewright

And less that two years before, the Arctic had the hottest temperature there on record.

United Nations Confirms Hottest Temperature Ever Recorded in the Arctic

The United Nations (UN) has officially confirmed the highest temperature ever recorded in the Arctic. On June 20, 2020, temperatures reached a scorching 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit in the Siberian town of Verkhoyansk.

The UN’s confirmation of the heat record is the latest event to “sound the alarm bells about our changing climate,'' Petteri Taalas, the UN World Meteorological Organization’s (WMO) secretary-general, said in the statement Tuesday.

un-confirms-hottest-temperature-ever-recorded-in-the-arctic-in-2020

To paraphrase one of my favourite poets, the climes, they are a changin'.

Edited by mikewright
crazygolfer
6 minutes ago, mikewright said:

And less that two years before, the Arctic had the hottest temperature there on record.

To paraphrase one of my favourite poets, the climes, they are a changin'.

Ok, they are changing... which most of us are aware of..... But, what if that changing slows down, severely.....  like it's suddenly hot for a longer time.... or cold.....  that will change a lot as what we used to currently.

• Like 1
mikewright
55 minutes ago, crazygolfer said:

Ok, they are changing... which most of us are aware of..... But, what if that changing slows down, severely.....  like it's suddenly hot for a longer time.... or cold.....  that will change a lot as what we used to currently.

Yep, sure will. i think the next generation is going to look back on what we have now as the fortunate generation.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 1
A_Simple_Man
3 hours ago, crazygolfer said:

what if

what if pigs grow wings . . will we be covered in shit?