You might be turning native when…

Chris24
5 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Well I think I earned my stripes yesterday being native.....

The Mrs and I had to go to the  LUDO/ TISA area of Cebu.(from Consolacion)

I arranged to meet with my BIL At SM  Seaside.to guide me in to his workshop.This trip was busy but uneventful using Google maps

On departing he said I will show you a better way out..follow me on my scooter...OK....WELL..We travelled directly through CARBON market, dodging  electric scooters/Tartanillia,s /onto the full length of Colon St...City Hall....Plaza Indepencia....ALL at 4.0pm....then onto the port road where we parted.

Now I know that you city guys  may be puzzled with this but it was a learning curve for me ,but in a way interesting.

That is even more impressive because for you, that was all done on the "wrong" side of the road!

• Like 4
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fresh

• mikewright

• SkyMan

• Pman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you start to understand what your wife is really saying.

When she starts to understand your humor, a little.  Today I told my wife I was going to the dentist this afternoon.  She said I should take a shower (because she thinks she's my mother and

When getting invited to a rice farm village for a wedding....you get offered the first dance with the bride...pin a thousand peso note to her dress and think... "Gee, ain't I classy"... befo

Posted Images

newtocebu

...you can expertly remove every shred of chicken from the bone with a fork and spoon on your C1 meal at Jollibee

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
SkyMan

You're able to walk down a street without so much as blinking when you hear a pssssssst, Hey Joe, or "Daddy!"

• Like 6
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Pman said:

… you don’t even use utensils at Mang Inasal. 

My wife knows not to give me a spoon unless I'm eating soup or ice cream.   When eating at someone else's place I pick up the spoon and ask, what the hell is this for?  Joking of course. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
cookie47
My wife knows not to give me a spoon unless I'm eating soup or ice cream.   When eating at someone else's place I pick up the spoon and ask, what the hell is this for?  Joking of course. 
I must be converted.

Ive just buttered some hamburger buns and automatically use the back of a spoon.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
10 hours ago, newtocebu said:

...you can expertly remove every shred of chicken from the bone with a fork and spoon on your C1 meal at Jollibee

I can't do it, but when my wife is done eating a chicken leg, it looks like it's been boiled to remove every piece of meat from it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Chris24
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

You're able to walk down a street without so much as blinking when you hear a pssssssst, Hey Joe, or "Daddy!"

I'm Ok with the PSSSST or Joe, but "Daddy!" makes me nervous.......

There's also that loud kissing sound (usually from guys) that I don't understand and hope I'm not misinterpreting.   Maybe it's the reverse of PSSSST?

Edited by Chris24
  • Like 3

You no longer react to ladyboys, instead of thinking they're really gross and/or really funny.  Ok some still look funny

• Haha 1
crazygolfer
3 hours ago, Fresh said:

You no longer react to ladyboys, instead of thinking they're really gross and/or really funny.  Ok some still look funny

Not sure I'll ever become as native as You!

Edited by crazygolfer
  • Haha 5
SkyMan
9 hours ago, Chris24 said:

I'm Ok with the PSSSST or Joe, but "Daddy!" makes me nervous.......

There's also that loud kissing sound (usually from guys) that I don't understand and hope I'm not misinterpreting.   Maybe it's the reverse of PSSSST?

I wrote pssssst because I don't know how to write the kissing sound.

• Like 1

You no longer react to beggars, unless they have something unusual like missing hands or feet.

6 hours ago, crazygolfer said:

Not sure I'll ever become as native as You!

I believe you, I've been here 1/4 of my life.

• Sad 1

Your tips for deliveries went from generous to small to who really cares anyway the locals don't tip either.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
SkyMan
22 hours ago, newtocebu said:

Hmmmm, I have to go over the bones my wife leaves after she eats wings. My parents survived the depression so nothing goes to waste.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
cookie47
2 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Hmmmm, I have to go over the bones my wife leaves after she eats wings. My parents survived the depression so nothing goes to waste.

Funny we are the opposite...

I'm not as fussy and can sometimes miss small spots in chicken legs.

I thus notice my wife eyeing my plate.

She calls it reviewing....We have a laugh......Life's short.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3