2022 Elections

Soupeod

to_dave007
23 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Why, probably because there is less belief here in what the western media has to say and a belief that the western media has no business interfering in Philippine business. The western media was loudly proclaiming that Duterte was a dictator and guilty of murdering drug dealers while Duterte's popularity was running at 91%.

An attitude of "Go handle your own business and stay out of ours."

agree completely..   I know in Canada the baby boy Trudeau complained liberally about Duterte's dictatorial ways..  but then Trudeau froze the bank accounts of Feedom Convoy demonstrators in Ottawa.  Sometimes it feels that western leaders have lost touch with reality.

• Like 3
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• rfm010

• BossHog

• Soupeod

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father never had a problem turning around and wacking me in the back seat while he was driving. 

What will be the next steps? Easy to say: Ferdinand Marcos Jr. will jail anybody who ever called him BongBong and Imelda will demand her shoes back.

On the way back from Tacloban today, there was a checkpoint entering our city. We all started pulling out our vaccine cards, rolled down the window to the PNP officer and he said Comulec check, d

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man
15 hours ago, HappyinPH said:

So if Bongbong is so evil, why is he probably going to win?

I heard it explained a long time ago and I cannot repeat verbatim but; This is Philippines.  Corruption is normal here. A non corrupt politician could never get elected here because snakes just don't trust non-snakes,

• Like 1
to_dave007
1 minute ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I heard it explained a long time ago and I cannot repeat verbatim but; This is Philippines.  Corruption is normal here. A non corrupt politician could never get elected here because snakes just don't trust non-snakes,

Plus.. of course.. there is no corruption in the west.

• Haha 2
A_Simple_Man
6 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Not sure why you quoted me, except to do so cynically perhaps.  I was not mentioning the west.  But since you bring it up.  People in the west are still naive enough to believe they can vote in someone who is not corrupt.  Filipinos have lost that naivety.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond
30 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

When I got married here in 1993, one of my brothers-in-law to be asked me what is the difference between the government of the US and here. My answer to him was, that here the government is corrupt from the bottom to the top, and in the US, it is only corrupt at the top.

• Like 2
Headshot
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

in the US, it is only corrupt at the top.

I'm not so sure that is true anymore. There seems to be corruption at many levels in the US as well.

However, with 97% of precincts reporting, Bong Bong has twice as many votes as Leni for Pres, and Sara has three times as many votes as Kiko for VP. For those who were hoping the election would be close enough that they could throw it are NOT going to get their chance this time. I think that for the yellows (and pinks)...

The people have shown pretty conclusively that they have had a gut full of liberal Aquino policies. They look back and ask themselves, "Have things improved since Marcos was removed from power?" and the answer in almost all cases is, "No."

Edited by Headshot
Goetz1965

What will be the next steps?
Easy to say: Ferdinand Marcos Jr. will jail anybody who ever called him BongBong and Imelda will demand her shoes back.

• Haha 4
InternetTough

Aquino was better at standing up to China than Duterte was.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

This thread is about Philippines Politics, not other countries politics...

Keep your political views on other countries in the CR.

samatm

So I guess in the end EDSA was just a waste of time and of course a US CIA inspired event.   If only we had TikTok in the 80's  the folks would have known better.

• Like 1
Fresh
16 hours ago, Headshot said:

with 97% of precincts reporting, Bong Bong has twice as many votes as Leni for Pres, and Sara has three times as many votes as Kiko for VP.

And that's what happens when a nation's media isn't controlled by parasites; the pinkos actually lose. Well done, Philippines.

bravo-10.gif

RogerDuMond
9 hours ago, samatm said:

So I guess in the end EDSA was just a waste of time and of course a US CIA inspired event.   If only we had TikTok in the 80's  the folks would have known better.

Why do you assume that Bongbong will govern as his father did when it comes to political opponents and corruption?

A_Simple_Man
9 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Why do you assume that Bongbong will govern as his father did when it comes to political opponents and corruption?

That is a good question, so I tried to come up with combinations of fathers and son presidencies in any part of the world where the son governed vastly different from the father.  I could not come up with any.  What examples are you thinking of?

RogerDuMond
8 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

That is a good question, so I tried to come up with combinations of fathers and son presidencies in any part of the world where the son governed vastly different from the father.  I could not come up with any.  What examples are you thinking of?

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

I am not thinking of any combo, but the culture wouldn't allow it. Both the Army and the PNP are totally different entities now that have stringent protocols in place now to fight corruption. So even if he had the desire to regress to that type of repressive governance, he couldn't find the backing to do it.