2022 Elections

Soupeod

Irenicus
3 hours ago, BossHog said:

Just now got our 'voter money'. 7,000 PHP per head.

Yeah, my wife and sister-in-law/yaya are raking in about 5,000 pesos between 'em.

God bless the Philippines.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• rfm010

• BossHog

• Soupeod

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father never had a problem turning around and wacking me in the back seat while he was driving. 

What will be the next steps? Easy to say: Ferdinand Marcos Jr. will jail anybody who ever called him BongBong and Imelda will demand her shoes back.

On the way back from Tacloban today, there was a checkpoint entering our city. We all started pulling out our vaccine cards, rolled down the window to the PNP officer and he said Comulec check, d

Posted Images

Headshot
On 4/11/2022 at 4:34 PM, Soupeod said:

Leyte officials rally behind BBM, Sara

OFFICIALS of the fourth district of Leyte led by Ormoc City Mayor Richard Gomez and Rep. Lucy Torres-Gomez vowed their support for presidential candidate Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr. and his running mate, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.

The formal endorsement for the UniTeam was made during a rally recently at the city plaza.

The INC (Iglesia ni Christo) church has also endorsed the Uni team. The NPA (communists) have endorsed Leni.

rfm010
8 hours ago, BossHog said:

Drinking Cerveza Negra today instead of the usual Pilsen.

So there is something positive to be said about election season

• Haha 2
BossHog

Well, it's after 7 pm on Election Eve and haven't heard any shots fired yet. So far so good!

• Like 3
seanm

Everyone getting paid lol.

in Ormoc one political clan giving out 3,500 per vote and the  other political clan giving out 2,500 per person. 

Edwin

:ROFLMAO:

FB_IMG_1652023403099.jpg

• Haha 3
Fresh
On 5/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Headshot said:

The NPA (communists) have endorsed Leni.

Says it all.

to_dave007

Walked past the elementary school in a rural barangay this morning at 5:20am on my morning walk....  already at least 40 people there making the polling place ready.. busy busy busy.. Even more outside the school getting their one day vendor stands ready.

Headshot
Posted (edited)

I was amazed when my wife returned from voting. In the past, it has taken hours and hours to get through the process, but this morning she was finished in less than thirty minutes. She said there were long lines at some of the polling places, but the one she was assigned to was very short. Nice. No mention of anybody handing out money though. I guess that varies by location.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
BossHog
20 minutes ago, Headshot said:

No mention of anybody handing out money though. 

That's normally done in the week leading up to the election and not on the day itself. Election day is when "sample ballots" are distributed outside the polling place (another illegal practice).

HappyinPH

I see the Western media are portraying this election as a contest between the "evil" and the "good". So if Bongbong is so evil, why is he probably going to win? Well, many people here prefer a strong leader and many would prefer a man. As for "good" and "evil", aren't all politicians selfish and corrupt anyway?

• Like 2
rfm010
37 minutes ago, HappyinPH said:

aren't all politicians selfish and corrupt anyway?

No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
HappyinPH
12 hours ago, rfm010 said:

No.

Correction: Aren't most politicians selfish and corrupt?

• Like 2
Fresh
12 hours ago, HappyinPH said:

I see the Western media are portraying this election as a contest between the "evil" and the "good". So if Bongbong is so evil, why is he probably going to win?

You answered your own question; the parasitic Western media only indoctrinates the West.

RogerDuMond
14 hours ago, HappyinPH said:

So if Bongbong is so evil, why is he probably going to win?

Why, probably because there is less belief here in what the western media has to say and a belief that the western media has no business interfering in Philippine business. The western media was loudly proclaiming that Duterte was a dictator and guilty of murdering drug dealers while Duterte's popularity was running at 91%.

An attitude of "Go handle your own business and stay out of ours."

• Like 1