2022 Elections

Soupeod

Soupeod

On the way back from Tacloban today, there was a checkpoint entering our city.

We all started pulling out our vaccine cards, rolled down the window to the PNP officer and he said Comulec check, drivers license  please. Showed it, and said good afternoon and we were on our way!

Get ready for the fun! 😂😂

• Like 3
mikewright

Fun times indeed. Remember being driven from Tacloban airport to Ormoc City many years ago at election time and approaching a checkpoint. Driver took a pistol out of the glovebox and put it under his seat. Apparently not lawful to carry guns for a certain time before elections.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
rfm010

Viber group for my subdivision has been going nutsy kookoo over the need to elect leni and earnestly telling each other just how bad the other candidates are.  Pink parols sprouting on trees all over the place.  Daughter has been traveling a good bit and rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses.  She feels from what she's heard our neighbors are setting themselves up for some serious disappointment.

• Like 1
rfm010
3 hours ago, mikewright said:

Apparently not lawful to carry guns for a certain time before elections

As of yesterday i believe.  Checkpoints will be with us for awhile.  If need be stash your firearms under the empty beer bottles.  They never look there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Soupeod

The Ford sales lady told me a few years ago, there’s a back seat compartment for guns while showing me the truck. 😅

• Like 1
SkyMan
9 hours ago, Soupeod said:

The Ford sales lady told me a few years ago, there’s a back seat compartment for guns while showing me the truck. 😅

New F trucks offer a safe in the center console.

• Like 1
rfm010
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Did you tell her its hard to reach the back seat while driving?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Topper
On 1/11/2022 at 12:39 AM, rfm010 said:

Did you tell her its hard to reach the back seat while driving?

My father never had a problem turning around and wacking me in the back seat while he was driving. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2