Need agent to help with visa to visit my child

donroberts

I have a 4 year old daughter in Cebu province. I want to visit her. There's some complications, so I'd like help with the process- Any recommendations? I seem to recall "JRC Visas" mentioned? I'm in USA now.

philuk

I thought the US persons could enter the Philippines visa free for up to 30 days same as brits

donroberts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, philuk said:

I thought the US persons could enter the Philippines visa free for up to 30 days same as brits

Thanks for replying philuk, & that's indeed the way it used to be but seems no longer to be the case- Visas (of various types- 9a, SRRV etc) are now required along with other Covid related requirements. Anyone please feel free to correct me on this.

Thanx-DonR

Edited by donroberts
philuk

Sorry I wasn't aware the Philippines had moved the goal posts, just found this 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for the Philippines due to COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in the country. ... There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into the Philippines.

I wish you good luck

• Like 1
lamoe

I should have my 9A tomorrow or Saturday.

Read the SRRV application thread.

Don, PM (private message ) me, I'll give you my phone number and we'll go over what needs to be done to get an EED / SRRV / 9a temporary visa.

It's still a several month process but we can shave a few weeks of the total time needed.     Maybe.

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 4
lamoe

Basically it's a 5 step process

1. Register online (email) with regional PH Consulate (can be done anytime)

2. Pay for EED (Entrance Exemption Document) application ($1,500 fee) this confirms eligibility for SRRV (Senior Retired Resident Visa) different fee (escrow type bank deposits) structures depending on your eligibility ($1,500 if military honorable discharge) - both must be paid  at same time -  EED fee is non-refundable :shocked: - SRRV deposit if not approved is.

3. Only after EED approved and submitted for SRRV initial (NOT final approval) will the local consulate be instructed to grant you a 9A

4. Apply for 9A at local consulate (mine took a week?) via mail (traceable required)

5. Go to PH and apply for SRRV in person

Oh, btw, lots of forms and docs to so be supplied - lots and lots and lots - some are redundant and conflicting procedures / info.

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1
donroberts

Thanks for all the good info everyone.

I sent an email to Paul W at Cebu Relocations- waiting to hear back.

I'm booking a flight On Cathay for July. (flexible fare, $50 to change dates etc.)

Hopefully travel may ease up by then.

I'll reach out to some of the members here for more info- (After I find out as much as I can here on my end.)

The Philippine Consulate in San Francisco is closest to me. People have been posting that PI Embassy & Consulate phones aren't being answered.

Mid 70s here today in Santa Cruz :)

Paddy

The restrictions on “tourists” (the 9A visa) from anywhere have been in place for some time. Still today, foreigners cannot just pitch up and get a visa waiver or visa on arrival as was the case back in very early 2020.

It is possible to get a 9A visa from your local embassy/consulate IF there are any special circumstances - such as @lamoe’s SRRV application (which must be done in the Philippines). 

@donrobertsYou may have a case for applying for a 9A on compassionate grounds. I imagine the bureaucratic paperwork would be fairly tedious (but probably not more so than the hoops Lamoe has had to jump through!). I would suggest asking the BI if such a thing is possible. 

You can message them at their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

There are a selection of email addresses to choose from. They have been known to respond. 

donroberts

Thanks Paddy-I'll try to get everything together here on my end, but some paperwork will have to be executed by the mother & there will probably be some back & forth with notarizing & etc.

A good agent on the ground in Cebu may be helpful.

govoner

Coming from New Zealand ,if you have a spouse or child in the Philippines , To get a 9A Visa ( 2 months) you need

An invitation letter from wife ( notarized )

A letter of residence from the Barangy she lives in 

Birth certificate  of child ( not sure if original or certified copy)

Bank statement 

Police clearance (from NZ)

flight schedule.

• Like 1
Paddy
1 hour ago, donroberts said:

A good agent on the ground in Cebu may be helpful.

I know a very good, but expensive, one in Manila

SkyMan
On 1/6/2022 at 12:33 PM, philuk said:

Not US, not brirs, not any tourists for almost 2 years now. 

On 1/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, lamoe said:

Basically it's a 5 step process

He's not looking for a SRRV.

• Like 1
Paddy
8 hours ago, SkyMan said:

He's not looking for a SRRV

The first few steps will likely be similar.

• Like 1
lamoe
31 minutes ago, Paddy said:

The first few steps will likely be similar.

Delete sending money for SRRV but maybe other steps for "special circumstances"

Edited by lamoe
Paddy
Just now, lamoe said:

Delete sending money for SRRV = 4?

He would still need an EED (applied for by the BI rather than PRA perhaps) but the consulate processing would be essentially the same