to_dave007

CEBU, Philippines (31 December 2021) —  Over 100,000 of the affected customers of the Visayan Electric (Veco) have now been energized as 64 percent of its power line segments within its franchise area have been restored already.

In its update Thursday, Veco was able to energize 127,014 out of the 474,182 affected customers already.

This development came after 348 or 64 percent out of the 544 power line segments within its franchise area have already been restored.

Cebu City Councilor Joel Garganera, the Cebu City Council’s chairman on the committee on energy, in a briefing with Veco’s top officials yesterday said that 30 percent of Veco’s franchise customers in the city will be energized before this year ends.

Currently, there are now 27.73 percent of its customers in Cebu City that has energized or 59,706 of the 215,339 estimated customers.

“Before the end of the year, 30 percent of the franchise customers will be energized,” said Garganera.

By January 10, it is projected that 80 percent of its customers will already be energized, but it will take until the end of January 2022 to fully energize everyone.

In Mandaue City, it is now 29.35 percent energized, Consolacion at 13.44 percent, Liloan at 21.68 percent, Talisay City at 22.49 percent, Minglanilla at 30.38 percent,  Naga City at 23.57 percent, and San Fernando with 25.66 percent. — GMR (FREEMAN)

https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/cebu-news/bottom-article-list/2021/12/31/2150982/cebu-city-over-100000-veco-clients-energized

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• BossHog

• cookie47

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The number of electric companies who sent trucks and crews to (partially) restore power here on Siargao was so appreciated. They came from Cotabato, Bukidnon, CDO, and even as far away as Basilan. The

Yeah, been a busy four months. Chainsaws and a lot of labor.  Here's a bit of "before and after". We've recovered. Took a fuck ton of money though. First pic a few days after the storm and the second

Every catastrophe no matter how dire has its upside. We've been wielding chainsaws for months and now have a HUGE stack of hardwood lumber. Have three carpenters working on an 80"x60" king-size b

Posted Images

samatm
On 1/2/2022 at 3:37 PM, to_dave007 said:

CEBU, Philippines (31 December 2021) —  Over 100,000 of the affected customers of the Visayan Electric (Veco) have now been energized as 64 percent of its power line segments within its franchise area have been restored already.

In its update Thursday, Veco was able to energize 127,014 out of the 474,182 affected customers already.

This development came after 348 or 64 percent out of the 544 power line segments within its franchise area have already been restored.

Cebu City Councilor Joel Garganera, the Cebu City Council’s chairman on the committee on energy, in a briefing with Veco’s top officials yesterday said that 30 percent of Veco’s franchise customers in the city will be energized before this year ends.

Currently, there are now 27.73 percent of its customers in Cebu City that has energized or 59,706 of the 215,339 estimated customers.

“Before the end of the year, 30 percent of the franchise customers will be energized,” said Garganera.

By January 10, it is projected that 80 percent of its customers will already be energized, but it will take until the end of January 2022 to fully energize everyone.

In Mandaue City, it is now 29.35 percent energized, Consolacion at 13.44 percent, Liloan at 21.68 percent, Talisay City at 22.49 percent, Minglanilla at 30.38 percent,  Naga City at 23.57 percent, and San Fernando with 25.66 percent. — GMR (FREEMAN)

https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/cebu-news/bottom-article-list/2021/12/31/2150982/cebu-city-over-100000-veco-clients-energized

Woo Hooo  Power was restored today about 2pm in my little corner of Cebu City.  (Happy Valley).  Still no sign of PLDT..  im just using data and its spotty still.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
cookie47

Hooray Power is on in Consolacion new pole fitted.....(well my little subdivision).

Thankyou VECO for working Sunday...

• Like 2
Fresh
On 1/3/2022 at 10:28 PM, samatm said:

Still no sign of PLDT..

Unbelievably incompetent, not just to create a system so easily wrecked but one that takes over a month to fix.

Shoppee too, still can't ship to Cebu City. 

I just bought a ton of goods on Lazada which resumed operations last week.

• Like 1
to_dave007
5 hours ago, Fresh said:

Unbelievably incompetent, not just to create a system so easily wrecked but one that takes over a month to fix.

I think it's worse than that..  it's been 23 days now..  and to my knowledge there isn't much information about WHEN they'll be reconnected by PLDT.  One person I know using PLDT in the province for call centre work just keeps getting same message again and again when she calls "repair will be completed in xx hours".  Not only did it not happen..  but after 23 day the recording still plays on.  The typhoon damage is one thing..  and one could argue it's an act of God.. and outside anyones control.   but the way they recover and communicate is another entirely..  and THAT is incompetent for sure..

• Like 1
M.C.A.
39 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I think it's worse than that..  it's been 23 days now..  and to my knowledge there isn't much information about WHEN they'll be reconnected by PLDT.  One person I know using PLDT in the province for call centre work just keeps getting same message again and again when she calls "repair will be completed in xx hours".  Not only did it not happen..  but after 23 day the recording still plays on.  The typhoon damage is one thing..  and one could argue it's an act of God.. and outside anyones control.   but the way they recover and communicate is another entirely..  and THAT is incompetent for sure..

What about the PLDT issued SIM card, do you have this and shouldn't that work.

We got hit real hard and lost our roof in 2014, no electricity, no internet but we still had a phone connection because of this SIM card. 

Soupeod
52 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

PLDT Ormoc to Cebu, still connected via RF dish, but it’s a little slow.

EC7E7C74-1DB7-4DEB-BA82-8A80424D07F5.png

• Like 3
cookie47

I didn't mention yesterday when I posted about the power being returned.

PLDT (fibre) fired up ok as well.

Very happy Camper after enduring one Bar (if that) on Smart .It was interesting that I purchased a Globe Sim as recommended by other's.But, Whilst that got me 3 bars stable, speed was either flat out or zero.....

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 2
SkyMan

Anyone using Dito? Worked great when I was there last April. 

• Like 1
to_dave007

At Tuburan cafe Tuesday 11th January..  met a young PhilAm couple from Toledo..  now into their third week staying in Tuburan pension house so that they could continue their online work. They have no internet in Toledo City.

GwapoGuy

Would it be wise to hold off sending a balikbayan box at this time?

• Like 1
Soupeod
4 minutes ago, GwapoGuy said:

Would it be wise to hold off sending a balikbayan box at this time?

According to shippingcart there are delays to BB boxes. By ship.
I just sent a small box via air to myself and they had that notice.

cookie47
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Nope,But I'm thinking about it.. We lost power last night.

Still off. And ..As SMART and Globe are useless (at my house location as far as signal strength) I'm thinking if trying DITTO..

I'll keep you posted...

• Like 1
Busted Dick
14 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I have 4 bars with Dito in Talamban. Data is slower than normal but bearable for what I use it for.  I have no PLDT connection yet although my neighbours connection works.  Just.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1