to_dave007

Totating power ON here in Tubuiran now.

Drove Tuburan to Badian yesterday and back today to check on old (87) friend of mine..  both he and wife disabled.  THEY are fine, and their daughter arrives in 2 days.. so.. no need to have worried..

BUT..  gave a great chance to observe.....

is lots of damage ALL the way from Tuburan to Badian..  but i would say it's SEVERE south of Toledo.  even today..  Odette +5..  national highway is a single track through the debris in many places from Toledo on south.  Just not the manpower to clear it.  Trees, branches, utlity poles, and a jumbled mess of cables of all types .  for 100+ km.  

Most severe damage I observed was in Aloguinsan...  near the ridge at altitude.  Many of the less substantial houses..  are simply "gone". 

Fuel shortages and hoarding from Tuburan all the way to Badian..  and from reports.. same on east coast.   300 meter queue at 7am south of barili today.  2/3 of gas stations closed..  many damaged.

SEVERE water shortage in many places..  hundreds of bottles in queue to be filled.

1 meter diameter 100 foor high power pole beside the power plant just south of Toledo..  snapped.  Generally most of the high voltage stuff seemed "ok"..  but not all.  Power planted in Toledo not operating.

Impressiona...  naked dull brownh hillsides..  with no green..  after weeks of rain.  tops popped off from entire fields of coconut.  whole fields of mango.. ALL flattened..  miles and miles without seeing a SINGLE banana left standing.

100 year old heritage house..  wooden..  collapsed into the street south of Barili.

On a lighter note.....

Last night my son and I ate pizza with some german speakers in Moalboal..  and those guys.. and I.. broke the somewhat sacred "foreigners don't put ice in our beer" rule..  and put ice in our beer...  and NO-ONE bitched about it..  But what they DID bitch about..  is that the ice will soon run out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• BossHog

• cookie47

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The number of electric companies who sent trucks and crews to (partially) restore power here on Siargao was so appreciated. They came from Cotabato, Bukidnon, CDO, and even as far away as Basilan. The

Yeah, been a busy four months. Chainsaws and a lot of labor.  Here's a bit of "before and after". We've recovered. Took a fuck ton of money though. First pic a few days after the storm and the second

Every catastrophe no matter how dire has its upside. We've been wielding chainsaws for months and now have a HUGE stack of hardwood lumber. Have three carpenters working on an 80"x60" king-size b

Posted Images

Anyone hear from James Musselwhite on Dinigat? Are they ok?

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Prayers for all affected. 

We were blessed with no damage to house we built. Sister’s house lost part of roof. 

• Like 3
TequilaSunset
Any information on flying from the Dumaguete City airport to Manila and vs. And travel information in general on Negros Oriental ?
Thanks
I've seen reports on FB of domestic flights starting up again this past weekend. I didn't read specific airports, maybe best to check with PAL or Cebu Pacific?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Electricity is back in Talamban Cebu City, running water as well. Before that I was impressed, but not surprised, how the community pulled together and 'charging stations' popped up in areas that had generators, so at least people can get their phones charged.

Still no drinking water gallon deliveries, and no LPG gas tank deliveries. If anyone has any info for any companies that are making deliveries, it would be helpful to post it here, or PM.

No PLDT and no updates from PLDT, as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Soupeod

Just got PLDT back in Ormoc, but not going through Cebu, instead through Iloilo.

• Thanks 1
cookie47

Just got a Smart Signal..(others had Globe over 24 hours ago)...No power/water at the moment but fortunately Been able to get local delivery of water for washing etc from deep well ...(we always have 10, 5 gal bottles of drinking water on hand...)

Basically no damage.... However...,Other houses built by the same builder in the same Sub Division lost gutters and roof's to varying degrees...I think we were very lucky as we are in a centre block with "probably" some protection.....???

Major damage to clubhouse (best described as destroyed). and Chapel.One concrete power/PLDT Pole completely down  Broken at base taking out lines....I think power will be off for quite a while ..

But really,,, Compared to local buildings we ain't got anything to complain about...... Lucky I had nearly a full tank of gas as I then could charge ours and neighbours phone's/power bank's from our car....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
crazygolfer
3 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Just got PLDT back in Ormoc, but not going through Cebu, instead through Iloilo.

A microwave link between Cebu and Leyte/Ormoc is down? And replaced by a submarine connection from Panay/Iloilo?  Just curious...

• Confused 1
SkyMan
On 12/15/2021 at 2:10 PM, BossHog said:

This just out. JTWC expecting a Cat 5 Super Typhoon. 140 knots.

wp2821.thumb.gif.23005909e7e2a41146abbcaedf9f4e19.gif

This was the last post from BossHog.  Anyone know of a way to contact him by other means?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, cookie47 said:

we always have 10, 5 gal bottles of drinking water on hand...

Meaning you first bought 20 and refill 10 at a time?

• Confused 1
Soupeod
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

This was the last post from BossHog.  Anyone know of a way to contact him by other means?

I got word he is ok.  No idea on other comms.

• Like 2
cookie47
Meaning you first bought 20 and refill 10 at a time?
Yeh, pretty much so,,,...Our supplier will deliver the amount we order to the door but just so happens we had 10 bottles on hand at the night of the typhoon.Plus due to myself having stomach issues (a hereditary condition) "I.B.S"....we back up our usage with Wilkins distilled WATER delivered from Mandaue...

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We have had some word from my wife's family in Lapu2x.

Sister's house in BF Abuno is fine, some roofs went in the subdivision.

Elder brother's place (boarding house near BF Abuno) had some leakage but still standing.

Little brother lives in his wife's parents' house in Paknaan - roof and top story walls gone, the kids and wife have relocated to BF Abuno.

Still no power or water for any of them. Looking at the pics of damage it is going to be a while before things are back to normal. Hard to have a happy christmas  here in Oz when we know the family is doing it really tough there.

Anyone know whether any of the remittance places are up and running, or what the ATM situation is - all very well sending the family money - but no good if they can't get at it!

Edited by mexiwi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1