Looking for Graeme Henry Annett

Pompolino

I live in Valencia, just near Dumaguete and via a mutual friend, this guy's family has asked me to try to find him. He is from Australia and apparently is about 80 years old. If anyone here knows him or knows of him would they kindly respond. The person asking is his niece, her mother, his sister is 90 years old in poor health and wishes to make contact with him. 

Many thanks in advance.

SkyMan

Did they ask you because he is also supposed to be in Valencia? Or do they know at all where he is/was? When was their last contact with him?

you may wish to contact the bureau of immigration they may have his details if he is listed.

15 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Did they ask you because he is also supposed to be in Valencia? Or do they know at all where he is/was? When was their last contact with him?

Hi SkyMan,

Thanks for your interest. No, I live here in Valencia but they don't know where he might be or have been. I am trying through all the areas where we "foreigners" congregate and hence my query on this board. My understanding is that it has been 5 years + since they have heard from him or of him and it may be that the news is about his passing but his 90 year old sister is asking her daughter and it is this daughter who is querying this.

6 hours ago, MickyG said:

you may wish to contact the bureau of immigration they may have his details if he is listed.

Thanks MickyG,

I directed them to the Australian Embassy in Manila but apparently they were very unhelpful. This is the ongoing problem with Privacy Laws where all I am trying to organise is a reunion (hopefully) of two elderly siblings. 

to_dave007

I have a good friend here in Tuburan who is 85 now..  I'be known him about 8 years..  and it's my observation that he has been withdrawing from public life very substantially in the last few years.  He lives a very secluded, very isolated, very quiet life, that sees him seldom in public view.  He dislikes travel now and avoids it.  He never seeks out foreigner gatherings.. doesn't seem to enjoy them as much as he did not so many years ago.  Doesn't respond to his phone AT ALL any more.  He has a housekeeper and my only way to text him is through his housekeeper now.  His family in Canada frequently get frustrated that he doesn't respond to emails..   and I've been contacted on several occasions to check on him.

My mum in Canada is same way at 89.. Most of her close friends are gone now..  and she lives an increasingly isolated life.

It's an interesting issue.. how to FIND someone like this if you need to contact them.  For sure I think the embassies are useless.  Canadian embassy wouldn't help.  If there is a consul general.. like the old one we had here in Cebu.. he MIGHT help on a more personal level..  but the "official" help would be barred by privacy laws.  I do suggest you might use the embassy to try to get a message to the man rather than ask where he is located.

If he is a long time residejt.  and lived in one place long time..  his FILIPINO neighbours may have some idea where he went.  All foreigners are known within their local Filipino community, for better or worse.  If he dies they will know where is was buried.

No idea if it would work..  but you may wish to try the PNP.  Supposedly they maintain inventory of foreogners in their jusrisdiction.

And the NBI should have access to his location though i have no idea how helpful they would wish to be.

I assume email has been tried.

58 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I have a good friend here in Tuburan who is 85 now..  I'be known him about 8 years..  and it's my observation that he has been withdrawing from public life very substantially in the last few years.  He lives a very secluded, very isolated, very quiet life, that sees him seldom in public view.  He dislikes travel now and avoids it.  He never seeks out foreigner gatherings.. doesn't seem to enjoy them as much as he did not so many years ago.  Doesn't respond to his phone AT ALL any more.  He has a housekeeper and my only way to text him is through his housekeeper now.  His family in Canada frequently get frustrated that he doesn't respond to emails..   and I've been contacted on several occasions to check on him.

My mum in Canada is same way at 89.. Most of her close friends are gone now..  and she lives an increasingly isolated life.

It's an interesting issue.. how to FIND someone like this if you need to contact them.  For sure I think the embassies are useless.  Canadian embassy wouldn't help.  If there is a consul general.. like the old one we had here in Cebu.. he MIGHT help on a more personal level..  but the "official" help would be barred by privacy laws.  I do suggest you might use the embassy to try to get a message to the man rather than ask where he is located.

If he is a long time residejt.  and lived in one place long time..  his FILIPINO neighbours may have some idea where he went.  All foreigners are known within their local Filipino community, for better or worse.  If he dies they will know where he was buried.

No idea if it would work..  but you may wish to try the PNP.  Supposedly they maintain inventory of foreogners in their jusrisdiction.

And the NBI should have access to his location though i have no idea how helpful they would wish to be.

I assume email has been tried.

Thank you for your reply. I will pass this information on. I think particularly the NBI and PNP are good suggestions. Yes, I at 62 I am less bothered about keeping up with people from the past but personally, will always keep up with my family simply because they are family.

smokey

Well ask bi and give tip they have his address on file if he does a yearly

• Like 3
Headshot
20 hours ago, Pompolino said:

Yes, I at 62 I am less bothered about keeping up with people from the past but personally, will always keep up with my family simply because they are family.

I think you may have your answer already. If he wanted to stay in contact with his family, he would have done so. It is unlikely that NBI or PNP would know his whereabouts unless he got himself into trouble at some point. Immigration might release whatever information they have on him, if they could find his records, but the data tracking system at Immigration sucks. One office has no clue what another office is doing. They don't always even have the same policies.