Philippines ready for reopening of borders to foreign tourists

SkyMan
15 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Wouldn't the passport info stamps tell the story of your travels no matter what you want them to believe? :scratch_head:

Show your ticket.

8 minutes ago, Daddle said:

Last time I checked the fine print you would need to have been in Taiwan for 2 weeks. Taiwan does not presently allow transit. Taiwan does not allow tourist entry from USA, for example, either.

Previously, 2 weeks was stipulated but that was the old rule.  Don't see it here.  Currently, but I think that rule ends the end of the year.  I think Delta is still flying through Japan though.  Not to Cebu but Manila.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BossHog

• SkyMan

• lamoe

• Soupeod

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their entry / exit rules and regulations are about as clear as mud in a beer bottle!! When are the ruling clowns going to realise that they are stuffing up the one industry that could pull the Ph

I think most people use the term tourist in reference to just a random person and not someone with a spouse or child in the RP.

Posted Images

It is all getting rather old, wife has not been home in long time.  I am hoping she can go this summer and been looking at flights.  Prices are up and I see no flights into Cebu only Manila.  I will feel very bad if she cannot go home this year! 

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Jester said:

It is all getting rather old, wife has not been home in long time.  I am hoping she can go this summer and been looking at flights.  Prices are up and I see no flights into Cebu only Manila.  I will feel very bad if she cannot go home this year! 

We are looking at the May time frame as well, Philippine Airlines is flying from LAX-CEB direct on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

• Like 1
Soupeod

You don’t want to come here, it’s hot, you’ll sweat, and have to eat Bbq. Take a shower and relax in the evening with a nice martini, absolutely horrible I tell you!  :cool:

45030470-BDE7-4032-81D3-BBB54CD8D91E.png

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
57 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

it’s hot, you’ll sweat, and have to eat Bbq

Sounds a lot like Florida... :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
DeedleNuts

I believe I have a way in soon, but I won't claim it works until I'm in Manila. Probably in quarantine in Manila, but still in Manila, by God. 

Haven't seen that the requirement for a visa BEFORE entering has been lifted, has it?

Still waiting on EED  - Chicago office said about a week to approve after it's granted.

SkyMan
4 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

We are looking at the May time frame as well, Philippine Airlines is flying from LAX-CEB direct on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Also some from SFO but I don't know which day(s).

On 11/20/2021 at 7:14 AM, mikecon3 said:

I have not done much shopping for flights but have seen no direct to Cebu flights.  I tried connecting flights from FL and out of LAX.  No luck.    I would rather go to a Russian gulag than have to quarantine in Manila.  That is like cruel and unusual punishment for me.  

• Like 2
BossHog
58 minutes ago, Jester said:

I would rather go to a Russian gulag than have to quarantine in Manila.  That is like cruel and unusual punishment for me.  

Try the Heritage Hotel in Pasay. They're a sanctioned quarantine hotel. 6k a night and you can get whiskey and girls delivered. Problem solved.

hhm.jpg.b3f734fed016978c0e5c8ada5b37a71f.jpg

• Like 2
19 hours ago, lamoe said:

Haven't seen that the requirement for a visa BEFORE entering has been lifted, has it?

That's the problem, I think, for Brits and others trying to sneak their way in via a green country. You can probably fly with Turkish Airlines from e.g. Kosovo or Morocco to Manila, but who knows if the Philippine embassy in the green country would give you a visa? No doubt people desperate to see their girl friends will be researching all the possible ways to sneak in.

James Bond
On 11/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, lamoe said:

I don't believe so. Tourists still can't get in as far as I know.

Edited by James Bond
to_dave007
1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I don't believe so. Tourists still can't get in as far as I know.

not strictly true.  Tourists CAN get in, but in limited circumstances.  You would need to be married here or have children here, and would need to apply for and receive a 9A (tourist) visa in your home country before boarding your flight.  Once you are insde PI, you can extend the 9A (tourist) visa in same manner as before the pandemic.

Soupeod

So, basically nothing has changed Visa wise.

Health protocols have changed in regards to testing, quarantine etc… depending if your coming from a green, yellow etc country.

• Like 1