Internet disconnected

cookie47

Firstly I appreciate this was my fault (in a way) but it shows how careful one has to be... 

Our PLDT Bill was due last Friday.

I Paid about 6.0pm via Metrobank Internet banking and have done the same for the last 2 years...

Now I'm only guessing it takes an amount of time to be forwarded to PLDT account's ?.

On Sunday my wife who is the account holder got an email saying your bill has not been paid and you face disconnection pay now....BUT...As my wife is a bit Technically challenged did not notice a notification to open that e-mail....(rather look at funny cat videos)...

Come this morning no internet . Thought it was just an outage so wait,wait, Wait,.

Wife calls 171 help line,,No human picks up just a voice saying "your internet has been disconnected however if you have paid press 7 ??.

Pressed 7..Voce says.Your service will resume in 2 hours...

So was/is there a delay between Metrobank and PLDT.

So,I guess...The Moral of the story is don't leave you PLDT Bill to the last day particularly if that day is before a weekend and get you wife to open e-mails..Haaa...

Edited by cookie47
Update
  • Like 4
samatm
4 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Firstly I appreciate this was my fault (in a way) but it shows how careful one has to be... 

Our PLDT Bill was due last Friday.

I Paid about 6.0pm via Metrobank Internet banking and have done the same for the last 2 years...

Now I'm only guessing it takes an amount of time to be forwarded to PLDT account's ?.

On Sunday my wife who is the account holder got an email saying your bill has not been paid and you face disconnection pay now....BUT...As my wife is a bit Technically challenged did not notice a notification to open that e-mail....(rather look at funny cat videos)...

Come this morning no internet . Thought it was just an outage so wait,wait, Wait,.

Wife calls 171 help line,,No human picks up just a voice saying "your internet has been disconnected however if you have paid press 7 ??.

Pressed 7..Voce says.Your service will resume in 2 hours...

So was/is there a delay between Metrobank and PLDT.

So,I guess...The Moral of the story is don't leave you PLDT Bill to the last day particularly if that day is before a weekend and get you wife to open e-mails..Haaa...

Similar thing happened to me except worse...    Paid online with  a BPI debit card .      The Pldt system  never registered the payment and our internet service was suspended..  We had to pay them again in cash.   Meanwhile BPI debit card transaction is like throwing money down the pit...no record of payment etc..  We just took it as a loss..   four months later  we saw the payment posted to the account.       Moral don't pay by BPI debit card. 

• Like 2
cookie47
4 minutes ago, samatm said:

Similar thing happened to me except worse...   

Right,,, Another issue that I was alerted to... Monday was a holiday (but not sure how widespread or what industry).so that in itself may have added to the problem .. 

We get the account delivered early in the month so we do get a lot of notice.

Can't really blame PLDT.We stuffed up...

• Like 1
M.C.A.

I've been paying extra because we have a Land Line and sometimes the phones calls add up and so over the years I have a 2000 peso positive balance and I pay at the beginning of the month even though the Bill is due I think on the 21st of every month.

I had similar issues with billing when we had Globe so I started paying up a month in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
cookie47
2 hours ago, M.C.A. said:

I've been paying extra because we have a Land Line and sometimes the phones calls add up and so over the years I have a 2000 peso positive balance and I pay at the beginning of the month even though the Bill is due I think on the 21st of every month.

I had similar issues with billing when we had Globe so I started paying up a month in advance.

Good tip,thanks...I'll work on that...

• Like 1