What about the honda fits in the country? Are they cut in half?

• Confused 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• Davaoeno

• cookie47

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mentioned dealerships but didn't say if you want a new or used car from a dealer.  Assuming you want a used car: I have bought 9 cars here. Two in Manila,  4 in Cebu 2 in Davao and my current

Thankyou, Very interesting article and adds much weight to my argument concerning the safety of these vehicles and I'm mainly talking about the Two half Multicab vehicles.I wasn't aware of the Ho

I've bought and had reconditioned for resale a few thousand used cars in my career and can say with certainty that those who don't make their car payments don't perform regular maintenance. Bank repos

SkyMan
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

wineries

Wiperies   (spell checked again) 

• Like 1
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Brad said:

What about the honda fits in the country? Are they cut in half?

No.  Only the controls are swapped.

I would not buy a Fit.  They are  direct competition for the locally sold Honda Jazz  so Honda Philippines put pressure on  the government not to renew registrations for Fits. As a consequence they are impossible to register in some areas

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
10 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Wiperies   (spell checked again) 

I thought you meant you needed a few drinks first!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

No.  Only the controls are swapped.

I would not buy a Fit.  They are  direct competition for the locally sold Honda Jazz  so Honda Philippines put pressure on  the government not to renew registrations for Fits. As a consequence they are impossible to register in some areas

I already owned a fit and i had no problems registering but that was 3+ years ago.

govoner
On 10/16/2021 at 6:15 AM, Edwin said:

and I would use a paint depth gauge on any car I bought.

I would have thought these days on modern cars the paint jobs would be standard within a micron or two.

i would be more worried about the motor.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, govoner said:

I would have thought these days on modern cars the paint jobs would be standard within a micron or two.

i would be more worried about the motor.

I'm into car detailing and paint correction(hobby) the new cars are getting very thin according to professional detailers on social media, autogeek etc

I was thinking about bringing my 3 inch dual action griots G8 to polish the TMX 150 lol I have some professional grade ceramic coating left too. I would have to take the silly stickers off the tank however.

Edited by Brad
  • Like 2
Davaoeno
9 hours ago, Brad said:

I already owned a fit and i had no problems registering but that was 3+ years ago.

Re: BAN on HONDA FIT

salamat sa info bos, makatabang jud nig dako... 

Rickstar13 said:04-18-2012 09:34 PM

Re: BAN on HONDA FIT

Originally Posted by ToneDEAF 

According to someone from the LTO whose name he chose not to divulged, owners of FIT/JAZZ may still renew their registration following certain conditions: (1) Certificate of Registration must be of that of the driver/owner; (2) if CR is registered to another name, proof showing that the vehicle was purchased from Honda Cars Phil. or a registered Honda Car distributor must be presented; (3) if void of the above conditions, the vehicle and owner/driver will be subjected to further investigation prior to the issuance of a registration.

The reason for this, he said, is because from the past 5 years there has been a lot of cases where substandard models of FIT/JAZZ are being sold in the market mostly by independent dealers (mostly not officially registered by Honda Phil). These models originate from various sources, namely: (1) smuggled (the vehicle is cut into half, or disassembled piece by piece, then reassembled when it lands on Philippine shores), (2) Grey Market (models that did not pass factory standards and sold at a much lower price); (3) Refurbished [local models that were damaged during the flood (in Japan, Manila, and Cagayan de Oro), then reconditioned and/or "converted" as some would claim]; (4) "Frankensteined" (a model assembled from various parts gathered from various sources - some may or may not be sourced from car-napped vehicles - then pimped out with body kits and other accessories.

These models, since mostly are substandard not to mention illegal, exposes the owner/driver to the possible dangers in the road. Moreover, my LTO connection also states that these models are more prone to engine damage thus will require a lot more maintenance - meaning a lot more money on the owners part - than those of the original "Casa" models.

Finally, he advises, if you already own FIT/JAZZ make sure to visit the nearest Honda Cars Phil office and have your unit verified and issued a certificate that it was purchased in one of the distributors in the country. To those who are still planning to buy a FIT/JZZ, better purchase one direct from the Casa or an official Honda Car distributor. And lastly, if someone is offering you a model at a much lower price than what the market is selling it for, then start asking yourself why. Remember that excellent quality always has a price.

Hope this helps.

cookie47
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

These models originate from various sources, namely: (1) smuggled (the vehicle is cut into half, or disassembled piece by piece, then reassembled when it lands on Philippine shores

Thankyou,

Very interesting article and adds much weight to my argument concerning the safety of these vehicles and I'm mainly talking about the Two half Multicab vehicles.I wasn't aware of the Honda Fit Saga.

Although there are MANY Joined multicabs  I can't Honestly denigrate every person/mechanic that has worked on and built these vehicles .. However,,

The main problem is the buyer/owners do not see the poor engineering standards (on some) that are mostly under the vehicle .EG.. Incorrectly routed and insecure brake pipes and often bent in all wrong directions to make them fit as they were not originally intended...The headlights are rarely converted to dip (low beam) to the correct side of the road. Steering columns and boxes are mounted incorrectly (causing more steering lock in one direction than the other) with Welding by someone that's just out of Tech school...As I have said in an earlier post I personally have a "Grey"imported Suzuki that has had a left side drive conversion.The conversion of the steering (where someone had heated the drag Link to enable it to be reversed) and the dashboard is an abomination.The wiring (which has to be moved across the vehicle) is an electricians nightmare with no Proper connection just wires twisted together.When vehicle's are built NEW for different market's they have dedicated part's depending on the side of the road that there intended,not swapped,modified/cut,,etc..  Fortunately (I got mine VERY CHEAP and knew what I was buying) I have now "sorted" it to an acceptable level of safety. It was more of a project to keep me busy during Covide Rather than a financial/resale commitment but now drives well....

Lastly I know (and have met) member's on this forum that have them.They can be a good purchase but buyer beware...... 

I know I'm pedantic (I'm probably a pain in the Arse to some people) But when it comes to vehicle condition and safety  I will Never shy away from that even though I'm an old fart.

So how do I justify my Post....well

50 years in the Motor Trade 25 of which was dedicated to vehicle inspections..

Victorian Chamber of Commerce "A" Grade Automotive Engineers Certificate 

Previous Member, (Pre retirement) of The Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers, Australia....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1