Mindoro

Hoy,

Has any member lived or have long term or numerous visitation experience on Mindoro?

If so, how is the hospitals/medical care, shopping, traffic, restaurants, housing rentals, etc but most of all the annual weather?

:phil:

Daddle

I lived a couple of years in Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro. Very much a vibrant expat community. Especially for sailors like us. Good expat housing available, excellent restaurants, nothing special for shopping except some major retailers in Calapan an hour+ away on twisty road. I cannot imagine anyone setting in Calapan.  Aside from the typhoons the weather is perfect in either monsoon season. There is basic medical care in nearby Calapan. Anything serious will be a ferry ride to Luzon. Betangas, Laguna, or NCR. I heard that the other parts of Mindoro are very much remote, small town, provincial. There were at the time some no-go areas in the more remote areas. 

That’s all I know. 

Thank you kindly Daddle,

I will have to take a look lap then.

Edited by Chako
to_dave007

Friend of nmine lived there in San Jose.  Another friend of mine has "gone native" somewhere near San Jose.  They have rainy season and dru season.  During te rainy season..  it's pretty wet.  I suggest you research the weather pattern.

5 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Friend of nmine lived there in San Jose.  Another friend of mine has "gone native" somewhere near San Jose.  They have rainy season and dru season.  During te rainy season..  it's pretty wet.  I suggest you research the weather pattern.

Thank you Dave.