• Administrator
Dafey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
to_dave007

I am told that many of the people you see in the video are actually from Tuburan..  barangay Kalangahan..  whch is on the Tuburan side of the mountains just behind Catmon.  There is a (rough) road between Kalangahan and Catmon.

• Like 3
cookie47

Mm..JEEZ..... Ironically we were supposed to go yesterday.However we had one nephew too many, 6 person's.....I got a 5 seater wagon and me being me I wouldn't put him in the cargo area without a seatbelt.

So we cancelled......

• Like 3
mistaeric

So these flash floods are rain storms that happen in the mountains and rush down towards the sea. And it can be prevented by waiting  a day or two after big rain storms before going to waterfalls?

A_Simple_Man

Amazing and fascinating that someone actually captured drone footage of this trajedy.  I think they could have chosen better background music though.  It definitely surprised and shocked me to see that flash flood coming on so fast and furious.  My sympathies go out to the families of all the people injured and missing.  Very sad.

• Like 6
SkyMan
14 hours ago, mistaeric said:

So these flash floods are rain storms that happen in the mountains and rush down towards the sea. And it can be prevented by waiting  a day or two after big rain storms before going to waterfalls?

Yeah, I don't know. How long did it take to get from wherever it rained to the falls?  How accurate or timely would a mountain weather report be?

You could post signs for flash flood warnings but would they be heeded on a nice sunny day?

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
cookie47

Many a weary camper has stopped overnight near an idilic dry creek to be woken in the night to rushing water due to a localised storm 50 kilometres away.

• Like 2
MickyG

big assumption that there is local weather news for such an event if it did happen. so my big assumption is  This could easily have ben a large build up form an unplanned dam of illegal logging that gave way

• Like 2
cookie47

The Mrs and I drove from Consolacion to Danao yesterday (early afternoon) .When leaving we noticed to the West black clouds and wondered what could lay ahead and if to go at all....

Travelling North a line of BLACK storm clouds gathered on the other side of the ranges,yet we were in bright sunshine and finally sitting on the sea wall bathed in sunshine. Thus this unexpected event (AKA Flash flood catching people out) sad as it is would not surprise me....

SkyMan

Here's pic of the falls from when we were there.

FB_IMG_1632838408816.thumb.jpg.061d986514d087c0f4ed0f0b0edaa31b.jpg

• Like 2