Trip Report Las Vegas to Cebu 25 September

• Administrator
Dafey

Nice report, thx. Keep us posted on the hotel stay, please.

5 minutes ago, Dave the Rave said:

It was not until all business passengers were accomodated that slots opened up for us lowly economy passengers.

One of the benefits of upgrading...

• Like 1
Dave the Rave

First Update to Trip Report San Francisco to Cebu

Landed a couple of hours ago at MCIA and am now firmly ensconsed in my palatial jail here at Appleton Boutique Hotel in LLC for 10 days.  PAL 105 left San Francisco a couple of hours late. The message board at SFO indicated the delay was due to runway closure in Cebu.  That is a new one!  Anyway the runway was fine when we landed here.  The flight itself was uneventful. It took off, it flew, and it landed.  I am always grateful for that.  But the new curse for flying is having to wear face shields on the plane.  That is a serious pain in the keester.  It was difficult enough to sleep in economy class then, on top of that, try sleeping wearing a face shield and a mask.  I had a cheap shield with the foam band across the forehead and a glasses type shield which, by the way, was supplied by PAL.  If you board without a shield they give you the eyeglasses type shield.  The cheap foam type is by far preferable to the eyeglasses type on a plane if you want to sleep.  Imagine the plastic nose supports digging into your face as you lie down.  I didn't need to imagine it. I experienced it.  I switched to the foam type. Also, the big foam band can be used as a blinder to block out light if you wear it low.  I suppose the sunglasses type is better for walking around.  One downer for PAL is their policy on switching seats.  Even if seats are empty you are not allowed to switch to seats that offer more legroom because those seats cost extra.  Money is truly King!    But the PAL crew is, to the surprise of nobody, courteous, polite, respectful, and deferential... even when telling you to move back to your assigned seat.  I am glad to be back.

• Thanks 4
  • Administrator
Dafey

Did you have a few seats around you you or the Mrs. could lay down? What's the fee for the hotel? does it include meals?

Okay, now get back to sleep and adjust to your new time zone.

Dave the Rave
54 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Did you have a few seats around you you or the Mrs. could lay down? What's the fee for the hotel? does it include meals?

There were empty seats, but not too many.  There was no social distancing onboard. Middle seats were occupied. A few lucky souls were able to stretch out on three adjacent seats, but I was not one of them.  Too bad for me but I am now in LLC so that was my bad luck and it is over. We are paying about P 1,600 here at Appleton Boutique Hotel in Basak, LLC for two single beds and breakfast included.  The family will suppy lunch and dinner.  But there are other hotels for the upscale minded prisoner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Chris24

At least you can share a room with your wife, which is (hopefully) a good thing (most of the time).

• Like 1
Dave the Rave

The operational phrases being "hopefully" and "most of the time".  

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

image.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Pman

I do not have my now 4 year expired acr card and was not asked for it. They gave me Balikbayan stamp without me asking. 

I’m going to have to go to immigration somewhere and get a new one I guess. 

• Like 1
to_dave007

Thanks @Dave the Ravefor this detailed report.  This is exactly what we need here at the forum.  In case it's been missed I will send link to another member who will hopefully be travelling back soon after an enforced absense.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, Pman said:

If you are staying on a BB I don't think you need an ACR card

• Like 2
Pman
30 minutes ago, Dafey said:

If you are staying on a BB I don't think you need an ACR card

BI website says it’s “voluntary”. 

https://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/acr-i-card

But banks etc. will probably want it I’m guessing. 

Edited by Pman
Soupeod
11 minutes ago, Pman said:

BI website says it’s “voluntary”. 

https://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/acr-i-card

But banks etc. will probably want it I’m guessing. 

Supposedly there is an annual report with ACR required at the bank…. So says my bank anyway. 

• Like 1
SkyMan
6 hours ago, Pman said:

I do not have my now 4 year expired acr card and was not asked for it. They gave me Balikbayan stamp without me asking. 

Are you going to try to recover your 13A?