That UPS guy seems to fly fast...

Goetz1965

Ok, ordered with Amazon USA and they send it via UPS because its just 8$ more expensive.
But them someone messed up.
Parcel arrived in Manila Sep 5 and then was at customs - ok thats normal.
UPS states it can take 10 days for clearance so I waited - only to see that every day they did this "Warehouse Scan" - for 2 weeks - every day.

I contacted UPS PH last week and got no reply at all.
So I complained to Amazon - about UPS and why I paid extra when UPS now is slower than AMAREX.
Got the 23$ transport cost refunded - I like that :)

Amazon contacted UPS and hey they told me that my parcel already cleared customs and I should go back to customer service for further help.
I complained UPS PH that I wont do that as they never answer - and guess what - no answer at all.
So yesterday(!) I complained again to amazon that UPS PH wont help me any further and that I would cancel the order if possible.

Today UPS changed the delivery status to Today 23 untel end of day - I guess Amazon called someone there hahaha

But the funny part is the delivery status updates.
They managed to get the parcel from Pampagna to Cebu within 2 hours !

2021082167_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-23um15_14_27.thumb.png.7c6408f2f97d783f630c8e4bf116b0ac.png

• Haha 3
Goetz1965

No wonder it was delayed - when the UPS guys cleary see what is inside ... How stupid must Amazon be to send it that way?

And then - I ordered 1TB version and they send 500GB ahhhhhh - but return is free only send my gf to DHL tomorrow...

1359570528_IMG_9044Kopie.thumb.jpg.a515dd6bb03bd115b8a289a3499242f2.jpg

Goetz1965

OMG - I get another delivery thru UPS and now I read this.... what is wrong with that company?

1728835836_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-23um19_37_43.thumb.png.7515be548ae3f38a1be3a079bc238305.png

I was told by a rep of a US company in the PI, when in Rome....  I said but you're a US company and should be the same service, and they then acted like it fortunately.

• Haha 1
  • 8 months later...
HappyinPH

Maybe I should have read this thread before deciding to use UPS... Well, I had a bit of a problem with DHL the last time, and my friend in the UK recommended UPS, so I thought I'd try it. It was a bank card in a plain envelope and the contents were "documents". Sent from the UK at about midday on Monday and arrived at their sorting office in China at about 1 am PH time on Wednesday. So far, so good. But then it was impossible to access UPS tracking for about eight hours on Wednesday (delivery was supposed to be Wednesday by end of day). I tried via their UK, PH and US websites - nothing! Finally the tracking worked again on Wednesday afternoon, telling me that the package was in Cebu and delivery had been rescheduled ("we will give you a new delivery date as soon as possible"). The tracking site continued to say this on Thursday and Friday and then suddenly out of the blue the package arrived on Friday at about 1 pm. I had complained via email and later they replied saying that because I lived in a "remote area" they only delivered here door-to-door on certain days. Well, I can think of a lot of more remote areas in PH than near the main road a bit north of Carmen (pop. 57000) towards Bogo City (pop. 88000).

FedEx: very expensive, and specifically say they don't accept bank cards. DHL: sometimes some problems. TNT has now merged with FedEx. Are there any others that can be recommended?

to_dave007
1 hour ago, HappyinPH said:

I can think of a lot of more remote areas in PH than near the main road a bit north of Carmen (pop. 57000) towards Bogo City (pop. 88000).

Try Tuburan on west coast behind Carmen..  same issues..  I think sometimes the couriers actually HOLD the package in the city until they gather up a full load to take north..  we are ussually at the very end of the delivery route that seems to start in the city, go north along east coast all the way to Daan Bantayan..  then come back south along the west side of the island.  The courier ussually arrives late.. and I mean 7pm to 9pm..  then turns around and heads north again to cross the island to Sogod for his run back to city.  So..  we are his very last stop on those days.

Bit unnerving when the contents of the package are Citizenship papers or passports.

HappyinPH
Just now, to_dave007 said:

Try Tuburan on west coast behind Carmen..  same issues..  I think sometimes the couriers actually HOLD the package in the city until they gather up a full load to take north.. 

When I used DHL before, we always went to their office in Pacific Mall to pick up things. This was the first time I'd tried door-to-door here. The girl in DHL Pacific Mall is very helpful, will let you know when it arrives and keep it for some days if need be. But obviously it takes longer to get there from Tuburan. You're probably right about the full load, so if I ever have to use UPS again, I'll ask if I can pick it up at their office in Mandaue.