New Tri Nation alliance With Australia, United Kingdom and the US

cookie47

cookie47

Yeh, I keep forgetting She will be long gone.. Someone else hopefully wake's up

• Thanks 1
Ozepete
13 hours ago, BossHog said:

Why? They'll run on clean energy instead of diesel-electric. Or is that beyond them?

The greens here are total nut cases, against nuclear anything, mining, agriculture etc.  they take stupid to a whole new level! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
lamoe
On 9/17/2021 at 5:35 AM, BossHog said:

Why? They'll run on clean energy instead of diesel-electric. Or is that beyond them?

They operate on emotions not logic. Besides it's military.

Soupeod
On 9/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, cookie47 said:

Australia to acquire nuclear powered submarines and form an alliance with the United Kingdom and the US..

See link...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-to-acquire-nuclear-powered-submarines-as-part-of-new-us-uk-defence-deal/ee17d52c-7d2d-4676-a6d2-54489edb36e4

There already is an alliance, some reporter is trying to make this political versus the business deal of manufacturing new subs among those countries and pissing off France which already had some type of agreement with AUS.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
On 9/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, BossHog said:

The French are massively pissed off which is always a bonus.

France has recalled it's ambassadors from the U.S. and Australia in protest of the deal.

• Haha 3
cvgtpc1
9 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

France has recalled it's ambassadors from the U.S. and Australia in protest of the deal.

Uhoh, they're in trouble now.  Hope there won't be a french fry shortage, I love em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
cookie47
34 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

which already had some type of agreement with AUS.

Yeh,they had an order/agreement but my understanding is the cost blew out(increased) even before any work had Started...

• Thanks 2
cookie47

In an attempt to answer a couple of questions regarding the cancellation of the French Submarine Contract .I've posted below a link that seems to have some answers or should I say opinions.

https://www.newspostalk.com/continent-news/europe-news/why-australia-wanted-out-of-its-french-submarine-deal/?amp

• Like 2
cookie47

My understanding regarding the French Submarines is Australia asked how Many gears did they have .

They said only one.....

Reverse.....

NAH Thanks....

• Haha 3
SkyMan
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

My understanding regarding the French Submarines is Australia asked how Many gears did they have .

They said only one.....

Reverse.....

NAH Thanks....

And it'll fly any flag you want as long as it's white. 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Dafey

Okay, okay...Let's keep the snide remarks about countries and environmentalists and capitalists in the CR. I know this is a tough topic to discuss in the open forum without getting political but...

• Like 1