Movie's with car chases

cookie47

Did I tell you I like American Muscle cars.(well I have now). Haven't seen all of these movies I'll have to catch up..

• Like 8
smokey

Wow what are movies oh u sit in that dark room wow to bad they stopped that evil practice 

• Like 1
cookie47
2 minutes ago, smokey said:

sit in that dark room

Agree, My wife will easily And regularly remind me and others that we have not been to a movie theatre in all of our marriage. It's not that I'm a tight arrrrs grumpy old goat.

It's just I'll "probably"? fall asleep and she will never forgive me for snoring.🍿🍿🛌 

• Haha 3
HeyMike
26 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Agree, My wife will easily And regularly remind me and others that we have not been to a movie theatre in all of our marriage. It's not that I'm a tight arrrrs grumpy old goat.

It's just I'll "probably"? fall asleep and she will never forgive me for snoring.🍿🍿🛌 

It's funny you say that. My wife and I went to the Imax theater to see Thor, the god of Thunder. I hate superhero movies, but my wife likes the actor for some reason.

We go in and the seats are really comfortable. I don't know how far into the movie we were, but all of a sudden I feel a poke in my ribs. I wake up and said rather loudly to my wife... "I thought I told you not to do that again".

Then I look around and realize we are not at home and all these people giving me dirty looks. So I said to my wife "was I snoring?". She says uh-huh.

My snoring used to be really loud. I found it ironic that I fell asleep during the god of thunder, in full surround sound.

Edit: Shoot, I just realized this thread is about car chase movies. I am not sure if there were any car chases in the god of thunder. Didn't mean to go off topic.

Edited by HeyMike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Soupeod
33 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Thor, the god of Thunder. I hate superhero movies, but my wife likes the actor for some reason.

In at least the last 15-years, I’ve never met a women who didn’t love him and get sqwirmish at his name.  Maybe you were sleeping? 😂

Gone in sixty seconds was a good car movie with Nicolas Cage. 
Mad Max a classic.

• Like 3
cookie47
3 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Mad Max a classic.

I said this sometime last year I think.

I used to live about 30 minutes from the road where Mad Max 1 was filmed. (Outer West, Melbourne)

40 years ago it was a bit narrow and country, but a long straight with a couple of woopee doo falls and rises. Airborne country with the right car.

• Like 2
Kabisay-an gid

Bullitt - Steve McQueen in his prime.

• Like 6
Soupeod
14 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Bullitt - Steve McQueen in his prime.

I love that mustang!

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

• Like 4
cvgtpc1

Watched 6 Underground again.  Car chase in the beginning is pretty good!

• Like 2
cookie47
2 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Watched 6 Underground again.  Car chase in the beginning is pretty good!

Had to look it up (on YouTube).

Well it's up there with the Best.....

13 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

How many classic (well they would be Now) cars did they wreck....

cvgtpc1

I've often wondered the logistics behind having these chases and fantastic crashes on city streets  being so realistic and appearing to be on live streets with the public.

cookie47
13 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

I've often wondered the logistics behind having these chases and fantastic crashes on city streets  being so realistic and appearing to be on live streets with the public.

Exactly my thoughts. The near misses in the market place the timing of the people is impeccable. However is there a modern method of speeding the movie up.....You know what I'm getting at....

cookie47

Below is a copy and paste of the story of a scene for a movie "A man and a Woman..Driven illegal through the streets of Paris.Ill look for a copy but I remember it well as it was quite "out there" for 1978..

"The film was done without tricks or speeding-up." On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch ("A Man and a Woman") mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Mercedes and drove at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur. No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit. The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets. Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until it was released a few years ago. Lelouch explained that he used a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 to have enough stability while filming, but used the sound of a Ferrari 275 GTB for the soundtrack.  I can't remember the year I first saw it ,but it was a long time ago.

Edited by cookie47
Update
  • Like 2

For all the movie car buffs out there: 

The Dukes of Hazzard's famous 'General Lee' car was destroyed in Hurricane Ida, actor reveals.

image.png