Room to Move - If only you could.....

Sibonga Simon

Sibonga Simon

No mass grave in Pinamungajan

For days, I ignored this headline in my Google News feed as I was sure it was the 'have you stopped beating your wife' headline that seems to be used in pretty much every piece of useless news here in the PH.

But being a weak soul, I gave in.... and the revelations are worth the read.

Did you know ....

“The local government of Pinamungajan, Cebu strongly belies all claims that it maintains a mass grave for deaths related to COVID-19,” portions of the post read.

The town’s new cemetery opened in 2020 and was divided into three sections – apartment type, ground burial or lawn lots, and mausoleum.

With a land area of approximately 21,000 square kilometers, it was created to decongest the old municipal cemetery.

Now that is some graveyard... even by the usual rule of thumb here in Cebu that everything is exaggerated manyfold.

I, for one, like the sound of having my own square kilometer for a final resting place....  Here is a link to the report: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/398427/no-mass-grave-in-pinamangujan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1