Bought lot to build home. Now the fun begins.

• Administrator
Dafey
30 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Where was this done Bro?

Everything in Tacloban

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• papimafioso69

• Dafey

• Soupeod

• Chako

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've titled quite a lot of property. The fastest was six months and the slowest  took fifteen years.

We bought a 10 by 20 meter lot right behind the no build zone . Looks like we have to elevate about 4 feet  . Waiting all the paperwork to get finished and looking for a architect . Going to build the

A genetic engineer may make a quite interesting map.  But I think you need a geodetic engineer for the kind of map you want.   Is this a tax declaration property? has it ever been titled?

Soupeod
9 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Title on property?  I wonder what time frame the average foreigner waits to get title.  It was 5 years and 1 month for me.  Anyone get theirs quicker?  For me it was the first time the subdivided property had been titled so maybe it took longer.

Ours took about a year and a half, due to us not being able to travel during the pandemic, to Tacloban from Ormoc.

SkyMan
15 hours ago, BossHog said:

We've titled quite a lot of property. The fastest was six months and the slowest  took fifteen years.

6-8 months as I recall on our land.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:10 PM, papimafioso69 said:

We bought a 10 by 20 meter lot right behind the no build zone . Looks like we have to elevate about 4 feet  . Waiting all the paperwork to get finished and looking for a architect . Going to build the house sideways . 7 meters by 10 meters . Two bedroom one bath . Master bedroom facing the ocean with a wrap around porch . I have two other foreigners as neighbors . One from Florida and a real character who’s from Norway  , weighs about 330 and doesn’t have air conditioning in his home because he said he’s been cold his whole life . I rock my air in my in-laws house 21 hours a day , I was going to build a two story but I just don’t have the funds . No way I touch my retirement $$ . We do have fault lines in McArthur area  . Going to use 6 inch blocks and a heavier rebar . Any in put about do’s & don’t will be helpful . I do have two guy’s that are top notch construction workers . They built both of the other ex pat’s homes . Thanks 

Hi papi,

Since I am new here, this is pretty much the first post that I have got to read in its entirety and it is very fitting for me. We bought a small lot 2-1/2 years ago & got the title about 3 months ago. We are going to build a very similar small 80/100 meter 2 bed bungalow. Upstairs 1 bed and small c/r with a walkout covered terrace. Think we will go with a concrete roof, not sure if I could deal with a tin roof during the rainy season. I like the the Pizza oven idea as we cook homemade pizza twice a month or so, will add a nice brick oven to the dirty kitchen area. The plan is for this just to be our base/family retreat bungalow as we hope to migrate around for as long as our health lets us. 

• Like 1
papimafioso69
On 9/18/2021 at 12:47 AM, Chako said:

Hi papi,

Since I am new here, this is pretty much the first post that I have got to read in its entirety and it is very fitting for me. We bought a small lot 2-1/2 years ago & got the title about 3 months ago. We are going to build a very similar small 80/100 meter 2 bed bungalow. Upstairs 1 bed and small c/r with a walkout covered terrace. Think we will go with a concrete roof, not sure if I could deal with a tin roof during the rainy season. I like the the Pizza oven idea as we cook homemade pizza twice a month or so, will add a nice brick oven to the dirty kitchen area. The plan is for this just to be our base/family retreat bungalow as we hope to migrate around for as long as our health lets us. 

On 9/18/2021 at 12:47 AM, Chako said:

Hi papi,

We’re still going over the numbers . Two story vs. Single story . I told my wife today if we do the single on stilts , just make the front 75% glass and a concrete roof . I really don’t need all the bells and whistles on the outside , I’d rather have a nice kitchen and bath . I’m figuring 2 mil , finished . 

1 hour ago, papimafioso69 said:

We’re still going over the numbers . Two story vs. Single story . I told my wife today if we do the single on stilts , just make the front 75% glass and a concrete roof . I really don’t need all the bells and whistles on the outside , I’d rather have a nice kitchen and bath . I’m figuring 2 mil , finished . 

I like that.....the stilts system scare me also.........but really no reason for stilts for us where we are from...inner Luzon....lol

Imo, I’ve been to Tacloban two years after Yolanda. Stilts won’t do shite in that cat 5 typhoon. Maybe a cat 3 or lower storm surge….they would be ok.

1 minute ago, Soupeod said:

Imo, I’ve been to Tacloban two years after Yolanda. Stilts won’t do shite in that cat 5 typhoon. Maybe a cat 3 or lower storm surge….they would be ok.

:ROFLMAO:That's why I love my PI ol lady...unexpected beautiful treatment towards us kanos, quick witted knowledge of more than what most know, fast food feeders, unchallenged gracefulness, etc.. who could ask for more?

• Confused 1
  • Administrator
46 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

It depends. Yolanda was "the perfect storm". All the variables came together and there is no telling when or how its going to happen again...only very rare to have a storm that powerful.

If I was building where Papi is, I'd sink concrete and 12-16 rebars at least 5 feet into the foundation after it was compacted. Pour each post in a single pour for the first/ground floor. Then 10 rebars for the 2nd floor and leave 8 rebars incase he ever want to do a 3rd open air with roof. 

That would give his house the best chance of surviving a storm in hopes that the storm surge doesn't come up to the 2nd floor.