Local Member needs help.

samatm

Members,  Yesterday I was alerted that one of our members,  Mark L  is in dire need of medical care but doesn't have any cash left!   He  hasn't been able to work for the past 2 months and  recently had medical expenses for his daughter.   He is suffering from debilitating pain from a mystery sickness.  Experts  in Cebu Doc have some ideas but these need testing etc.  He needs care urgently.

Marks wife Terri and Marks sister in the US have setup a Gofundme on his behalf.  Gofundme will accept your credit card donation for amounts as little as  $5.00.    You may donate and keep your donation anonymous if you wish.  Every amount is greatly appreciated and is a life saver.  

https://gofund.me/76101ebe   Help a brother out.  Please kick in now it takes just a few minutes.

I've know Mark for over 10 years and can attest that he is a hardworking guy and spends time doting on his wife and daughter.   He has a lot of Carolina Pride and I know its hard from him to come with his hand out.   Sadly  both his Philippine Family and US Family are not able help much financially leaving mark to seek help from friends and past business acquaintances.

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/profile/3602-mark-l/

Blessings

Sam

• Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...
samatm

Mark    asked me to thank you guys for contributing to and for  sharing his  GoFundme page.  I am attaching his latest updates.   The funds received helped him to get some accurate picture of whats causing his debilitating pain and hopefully get some dedicated treatment so he can rehab and get back to leading a life with his family and begin working again.

You can read his updates here and also share the link.   https://gofund.me/76101ebe

firefox_wG3V1hFTx6.png

firefox_Gv9m3l1hpP.png

• Like 2
Irenicus

What he needs to do is get back to his home country for real treatment.  "Physical therapy" ain't gonna do squat and if someone brings up chiropractors for dedicated nerve damage, I will strangle them.  I did an MRI in June on my neck and they discovered severe stenosis on my C6/C7.  Pain is not in neck but on right shoulder blade and is frakking excrutiating.  Spent $400 to have an ESI done five weeks ago and it reduced the pain by like 40%.  I am on tramadol/paracetamol three times a day until I get to the USA in November to really deal with it (probably surgery after US surgeon saw the MRIs).  Like him, I have also lost weight - 15 pounds - but at least my herniated L5/S1 (bike accident in Negros in 2015) doesn't stop me from walking.

• Like 1
BossHog
21 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

I am on tramadol

I got on that shit when I snapped my ankle falling down a mountainside while photographing a sunbird nest. After three days I realized I was craving them and swore off it altogether. Very sneaky stuff. Just saying be careful with those as some people end up with dependencies.

If I recall correctly from the Dirty Kitchen days you were a counselor or something back in Bean Town so you know the drill.

• Like 1
Soupeod
2 hours ago, Irenicus said:

What he needs to do is get back to his home country for real treatment.  "Physical therapy" ain't gonna do squat and if someone brings up chiropractors for dedicated nerve damage, I will strangle them.  I did an MRI in June on my neck and they discovered severe stenosis on my C6/C7.  Pain is not in neck but on right shoulder blade and is frakking excrutiating.  Spent $400 to have an ESI done five weeks ago and it reduced the pain by like 40%.  I am on tramadol/paracetamol three times a day until I get to the USA in November to really deal with it (probably surgery after US surgeon saw the MRIs).  Like him, I have also lost weight - 15 pounds - but at least my herniated L5/S1 (bike accident in Negros in 2015) doesn't stop me from walking.

My ex was a Neurosurgeon(NS) PA and the Dr she worked with was a NS. 
As mentioned above the Phil doesn’t have the capability to fix is condition unless he has buko dollars and lives in Manila ( according to my VA Doc in Manila).

He will need surgery or shots to those herniated discs. To solve the nerve pain ( been there, done that and have the tshirt) 

As mentioned above he needs to get to ghe states. 

A neurologist or physical therapy doesn’t do squat for his condition.

Hope this helps, pass this info to him.

Edited by Soupeod
Soupeod
2 hours ago, Irenicus said:

but at least my herniated L5/S1 (bike accident in Negros in 2015) doesn't stop me from walking.

This should apply to the Op as well. - Exactly the same here L5 and my neck and shoulder blades.

Let me know how your treatment goes, I will need the same.

Edited by Soupeod
rfm010
5 hours ago, Irenicus said:

You will need something for the flight pain wise, tramadol might not do the trick.  Ask your doc if he can hook you up with a couple of doses of vicodin.  2 pills should do the trick.  Not all at once.  My own experience with tramadol is it is helpful in taking the edge off things but it messes with my sleep too much if i take even half a pill past noon.  So i use it sparingly.  But sounds like you need it so using it into november will be manageable.

If you have withdrawal symptoms pregabilin (lyrica) might help .  Watsons has their generic brand take a box of 20 with you.  Tramadol was used on me for shoulder surgery and getting off it after only a few days gave me nasty restless leg.  Would rather have the pain.  Lyrica fixed it right up.  

Am not a medical doctor but the above is medical advice.  If you have any problems feel free to sue linc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1