sending a letter to the UK/Europe by EMS

HappyinPH

According to the Post Office website, this will cost you about half the price of DHL, but obviously take longer. I've only done this once before, and the letter arrived but I can't remember how long it took. EMS would seem to be an option for things of no value, where there's no great hurry. Anyone have experience of sending a letter by EMS to the UK/Europe/US and how long did it take? 

HappyinPH

Well, I sent off a letter to the UK by EMS today. I will let people here know how long it took when it arrives.

• Like 4
cookie47

Mmm,The graphic below shows the 5th email of this type in my inbox.

Firstly I am not expecting any package .I've called/emailed everyone I know and no-one has sent anything.Plus mail is non existent in my area since Covide...

I'm experiencing enough to know not to click on "strange links" and have not responded. Gmail has the ability to block emails but I discovered that all that happens it goes in my spam folder.(Bit of a half hearted effort)...

The fine print at the bottom tells a story.Also a give away is using AUSTRALIAN Post ,As I'm sure it should be AUSTRALIA Post..

Man their persistent......I've been tempted to click on the help Link... NAH.

Any comments .......

Screenshot_2021-08-21-17-51-43-969_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Soupeod
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Mmm,The graphic below shows the 5th email of this type in my inbox.

Firstly I am not expecting any package .I've called/emailed everyone I know and no-one has sent anything.Plus mail is non existent in my area since Covide...

I'm experiencing enough to know not to click on "strange links" and have not responded. Gmail has the ability to block emails but I discovered that all that happens it goes in my spam folder.(Bit of a half hearted effort)...

The fine print at the bottom tells a story.Also a give away is using AUSTRALIAN Post ,As I'm sure it should be AUSTRALIA Post..

Man their persistent......I've been tempted to click on the help Link... NAH.

Any comments .......

Screenshot_2021-08-21-17-51-43-969_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Spam is my guess.

Also what the hell is EMS? Emergency Medical service? Haha

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 1
cookie47
30 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Spam is my guess.

Also what the hell is EMS? Emergency Medical service? Haha

I Think what has confused me is that 5 times I "Blocked" this address (through the drop down menu in Gmail) and reported SPAM.but they still come into my inbox.I wish I could attach a virus to it and return it.

• Haha 1
HappyinPH

I just sent something more urgent by DHL - the current price for a letter is PHP 3068, while by EMS it was seventeen hundred and something, so about 1300 cheaper. Of course you get a tracking number with DHL, with EMS you only get a receipt. DHL UK are lazy at weekends, but if you send something off on Monday as I did today, there's a good chance it will arrive before the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
HappyinPH

The letter I sent to the UK by EMS on August 17 still hasn't arrived, so that's (at least) three weeks. I'm pretty sure the one I sent some time ago took less than two weeks, but there are two differences: that one was before Covid and it was sent from Mactan Airport Post Office, but this one was sent from a provincial post office during Covid.

On the other hand, a letter I sent recently by DHL took only two days (52 hours) to the UK, which is a new record for me. So you can draw your own conclusions...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
17 minutes ago, HappyinPH said:

On the other hand, a letter I sent recently by DHL took only two days (52 hours) to the UK

How much did that cost?

HappyinPH

As I said before in this thread, a letter by DHL costs 3068, i.e. about 1300 more than an EMS letter. DHL have their own planes, so they're unaffected by delays and cancellations of normal flights due to Covid.

• Like 1