John Lane (JSL-USMC) Dead at 87

Headshot

John S. Lane, Captain USMC Retired, 87, died today of complications from COVID-19. He lived in Argao and was a valued member of this forum, Back in 2010, he and his family were my next door neighbors, and I considered him one of my dearest friends. John was vaccinated, but obviously the virus got through anyway. There will be no public memorial service due to the circumstances of death, and John will be laid to rest by his family in Argao later today. RIP Marine.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Administrator
Dafey

RIP Captain

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

a valued member of this forum

What was his handle Headshot?

• Like 2
Headshot

I would tell you, but it isn't possible for normal members to access the full member list anymore. He changed his handle at one point, and I'm not sure about the current one. I can't remember if he was USMC Retired or if that was Tim. In any event, I can't find his current screen name in the member map that I do have access to. Luckily, admins have the ability to search that out.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
SkyMan

John was an awesome guy and quite funny.  Sad to hear this.

RIP John.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Jim_in_Jax

Oh that is sad to hear.  I enjoyed my few meetings with John (all of them at S&R).  RiP Sir.