Solar Energy Systems in the Philippines

cookie47
1 hour ago, noddle said:

then 2 years ago the 'only' electric company (in Tasmania), with the local government decided to change that to 0.07cents

Right,Thanks...Sounds like the same "theme"as my nephew in Vic.....Starts off good, now reduced to a level that "was it worth it"..  ?.I suppose once one the unit has been paid off any feedback is ok ?.. But he's not a happy Camper... Enjoy Tassy...

cookie47
9 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

It is also about 1/3 of what they charge.

Yes true,But based on "some" Australian states experience (including my nephews) they drop the rate over a number of years to a level that you have to Wonder if it was worth it... probably YES, But not as much as you were expecting "In the long run"...

• Like 1
noddle

The system paid for itself in the first 5 years,   so I had 1 year of profit, :-)

but if anyone would ask me if it's worth adding solar,  I would say no,   unless you are at home during the day ( to use the power ), or if you have batteries to offset your usage

• Like 1
cookie47
25 minutes ago, noddle said:

or if you have batteries to offset your usage

Yes that's the way to go.I think Roger mentioned "hybrid"so I assume batteries are part of the system he is planning (which is good). I fitted solar panels and 200 amp hour batteries to our Prado and caravan before we embarked on our "round Australia trip"...400 watts on each...Could live off grid and survive until water ran out (120 litres)...Ahhh paradise.....

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
51 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yes that's the way to go.I think Roger mentioned "hybrid"so I assume batteries are part of the system he is planning (which is good). 

What I am looking at is a 12 kWh system with a microinverter, battery backup and net metering. In case of a power failure, the microinverter disconnects the system from the grid, but allows continued power flow to my system.

CEBECO III came out and did a draw test where we turned most everything on and they tested our power draw from the grid. We were drawing about 10 kWh during their test, thus the suggestion for a 12 kWh system.

• Like 4
cookie47
46 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

What I am looking at is a 12 kWh system

Well i hope you find someone to install your intended system a bit above what I've been involved in.

I do love solar and it worked well in the environment it was used..

noddle
58 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

What I am looking at is a 12 kWh system with a microinverter, battery backup and net metering. In case of a power failure, the microinverter disconnects the system from the grid, but allows continued power flow to my system.

CEBECO III came out and did a draw test where we turned most everything on and they tested our power draw from the grid. We were drawing about 10 kWh during their test, thus the suggestion for a 12 kWh system.

did they mention what they will pay you for any exports ?