Jump to content

Monopoly, the Philippines version


crazygolfer

Recommended Posts

crazygolfer

My daughters birthday is coming up in October. She will celebrate her 10'th birthday. 

I liked playing Monopoly when young... so thought I'll give her the Philippine version. But don't remember where I have seen it, is available in Cebu? Lazada? Or where? 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

Be careful, my wife bought one totally all paper with plastic pieces. Crap.

She went to the National book store and found the Hazbro Monopoly, card board cards and board, metal pieces, firm money etc… works good.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey

So are the houses tin roofed shacks?

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
8 hours ago, Dafey said:

So are the houses tin roofed shacks?

They are steel beam houses, the only way to build them.

Edited by Soupeod
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
22 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Be careful, my wife bought one totally all paper with plastic pieces. Crap.

She went to the National book store and found the Hazbro Monopoly, card board cards and board, metal pieces, firm money etc… works good.

Update, it was in Robinson's mall as well

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HongKongPhooey
On 8/9/2021 at 5:16 AM, Soupeod said:

Be careful, my wife bought one totally all paper with plastic pieces. Crap.

^ so the Philippine version. That’s what he is looking for, right? I’m confused.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
15 minutes ago, HongKongPhooey said:

That’s what he is looking for, right? I’m confused.

Me too! What's the low rent property after you "Pass Go"? Instead of Baltic Ave. you land on Tondo? What's Park Place? Forbes Park?

So many questions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
HongKongPhooey
18 minutes ago, BossHog said:

What's the low rent property after you "Pass Go"

Rent? Sorry, this is Philippine’s monopoly. You have to pay the squatters that land on your property before you roll again. It doesn’t matter regardless, as a foreigner you can’t own property anyway. 

Edited by HongKongPhooey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
3 minutes ago, HongKongPhooey said:

It doesn’t matter regardless, as a foreigner you can’t own property anyway. 

Every day I feel like I'm drawing a card from the Chance deck in the middle of the board. You win some you lose some but I always seem to get this one...

images.jpg.64daf3b546382648bed7ecbe1dd797a1.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HongKongPhooey
5 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Every day I feel like I'm drawing a card from the Chance deck in the middle of the board. You win some you lose some but I always seem to get this one...

images.jpg.64daf3b546382648bed7ecbe1dd797a1.jpg

 

Luckily you don’t draw the “Get out of jail free” card because that ain’t free in Philippine Monopoly. It’s 100,000 pesos to the mayor.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24
1 hour ago, HongKongPhooey said:

Luckily you don’t draw the “Get out of jail free” card because that ain’t free in Philippine Monopoly. It’s 100,000 pesos to the mayor.

Aren't pesos just monopoly money anyway?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
4 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

^ so the Philippine version. That’s what he is looking for, right? I’m confused.

Hazbro version, the original.

4 hours ago, BossHog said:

Me too! What's the low rent property after you "Pass Go"? Instead of Baltic Ave. you land on Tondo? What's Park Place? Forbes Park?

So many questions.

Slums, then cebu, the manila then maria luisa…   come on lol 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
3 hours ago, BossHog said:

Every day I feel like I'm drawing a card from the Chance deck in the middle of the board. You win some you lose some but I always seem to get this one...

images.jpg.64daf3b546382648bed7ecbe1dd797a1.jpg

 

Back to jail for you, you’ll get a trial in about 10 years.

But this is America, pay 50$, your outthe next day!

3 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

Luckily you don’t draw the “Get out of jail free” card because that ain’t free in Philippine Monopoly. It’s 100,000 pesos to the mayor.

In Hong Kong maybe lol 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24

Hard to make out some of the property names, maybe there is a better image or a list out there.

 

 

image.thumb.png.f4d99cf4cf14b309cf214835b47e81c7.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
1 hour ago, Chris24 said:

Hard to make out some of the property names, maybe there is a better image or a list out there.

 

 

image.thumb.png.f4d99cf4cf14b309cf214835b47e81c7.png

You have a ph version, i have an americano version sold in the ph. 
copy?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...