Philippine Post Office to speed up delivery

to_dave007
1 hour ago, arentol said:

Fantastic news about PhilPost, though, sounds like the dream of letter delivery within 8-12 months will now become a reality.

You just won the Best Sarcastic Comment of the Year Contest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Soupeod
7 hours ago, Swissrider said:

Very sad she passed away. But using checks is a thing of the past. I mean everybody (or almost) has now internet banking. And if not there is still Western Union etc. I think the last time I saw a check must have been 25 years ago or so. But it seems in the US checks are still popular. Rather surprising for a high tech country.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Checks are usually not used, they are not popular and processing a check if they accept them takes about 5-sec, the same as your Visa card.  Still high tech. :)

I usually get a letter in two months from the US.

Edited by Soupeod
HeyMike

Shoot... I must be very old fashion and low tech... I still use Green Stamps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
cookie47
Shoot... I must be very old fashion and low tech... I still use Green Stamps.
I remember them , four and a half years of saving to get a tea pot..

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 4
samatm

So Recently I called my CreditCard and requested a new card be sent to me.... No worries they said ...we can send it internationally at no extra cost...

Me:  But Maam im in the Philippines..you have to send it via FedEx or UPS or DHL if  Im to ever see it.    

Her:  Sorry Sir (she is in Manila Call Center)  the system wont allow that... it will automatically send your card out via USPS mail..you should get it with in 14 days.

Me:  Ma'am Im in the Philippines I'll never see it

Her:  Oh your are in the Philippines... Yeah  you are probably right.  Lets cross our Fingers.

Me:  Fingers Crossed!  Thanks

2 months Later.....No notice..No Nothing.   .. Called again.. and told them to send the card to my  US address

They said Oh Your card was sent to the Philippines...and its lost...So we will deactivate it!   Grrrrrr great . Now I cant even us it for online purchases.

I have no idea where to go to look for a package or letter in Cebu City... One time I went to the Lapu Lapu PhilPost to claim a Package... It was comical... they had a mountain of boxes and letters in a Heap.. and the guy took my notification and very unsystematically dug around in the big Pile for 20 minutes and miraculously produced it! 

I Ihave no Idea where the PhilPost office is I should inquire about my package... Does anyone know:? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
15 minutes ago, samatm said:

I have no idea where to go to look for a package or letter in Cebu City

The main PO in Cebu is near the port. There is an old fort next to the port, (can't remember the name), and it's just the other side of that.

cookie47

Based on Dafeys info the map seems to agree.

Also I was in the same predicament.

The card went to my Nephew in Australia .So I got the number verbally and as you implied use it only online, I'll get it someday....We got other accounts anyway.

Screenshot_2021-07-23-16-45-46-419_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
Soupeod

Shippingcart.com probably ships letters from the US, UK and AU addresses, problem solved, unless you are very remote.

Sent a delivery overnight package from Phil Post to WA state and was delivered in 3-days.

Sent an overnight package in 2012 from the US to Phil Post, rec’d in a week to Butuan, Mindinao. 

• Like 1