Philippine Post Office to speed up delivery

• Administrator
Dafey

image.png.5031d17f39da858970f9f70e4bf23440.png

The Philippine Postal Corporation (Post Office) has removed notification cards as part of its “Hatid Malasakit” program to speed up the delivery of mails and parcels to give much-deserved convenience to the public.

Filipinos including their families abroad can now expect faster, safer, and more convenient door-to-door delivery of mails and parcels after the Post Office headed by Postmaster General Norman “Mr. Postman” Fulgencio terminated the 75-year-old practice of sending notification which causes delays in parcel delivery.

“This time, our clients can now expect safe and convenient door-to-door delivery of their parcels minus the Notification Cards”, Fulgencio said in a statement released in July after it earlier reported zero backlogs of undelivered letters and parcels in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, Palawan, and Batanes.

In previous practice, the addressee or recipient has to receive a Notification Card before a parcel can be picked up at the post office. Sometimes, a notification card can be received in 2 or 3 months which causes delays on the part of the recipient in claiming the parcel.

“We immediately stopped this practice in order to provide safety and convenience to the mailing public who patronizes our post office services”.

“Our heartfelt gratitude for the public’s kind understanding and patience. The postal service is far from being perfect, but we are continuously improving. Again, our apologies”, the Postmaster General said.

The Post Office is also pushing the implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project to cover the digitalization of the entire organization, including the mail management system, corporate financial information system, financial counter system, and human resource information system.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/philippine-post-office-removes-75-year-old-practice-of-notification-cards-to-speed-up-delivery/ar-AAMlMfp?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Thanks 2
to_dave007

This ship has already sailed.

It's too late now for PhilPost to do anything to save itself.  Postal services around the world with far better existing services, and far stronger revenue base, are succumbing to the decreasing demand.  This corporation has had decades to remedy it's issues.  It's too late now.

• Like 2
softail
46 minutes ago, Dafey said:

In previous practice, the addressee or recipient has to receive a Notification Card before a parcel can be picked up at the post office. Sometimes, a notification card can be received in 2 or 3 months which causes delays on the part of the recipient in claiming the parcel.

Just curious why it would take 2 to 3 months to get the notification card to pick up your package? That’s totally insane.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
6 minutes ago, softail said:

That’s totally insane.

But true. Had a friend sent me a small package years ago and it took 3 months for them to get the card to me. Called to thank my friend and he had totally forgotten about it! And yes, we had to go pick it up at the main office in Cebu City by the port.

Ordered a package from China about a month ago and have been tracking it online. It hit the PhilPost 2 days ago. We'll see how that goes....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
cookie47

My sister (79, and old school) in the UK loves to send me letters and cards.(non value stuff).....

But 4 month's to arrive and the last ones haven't been seen at all she gave up .I visited the Post Office in Consolacion...Closed untill further notice due to Covide .....

I've begged her to have a computer.

NOPE.....

• Like 1
mikecon3
1 hour ago, softail said:

Just curious why it would take 2 to 3 months to get the notification card to pick up your package? That’s totally insane.

That's to give them plenty of time to rummage through your package!

• Like 3
Goetz1965

IM still waiting for a parcel, got send from US via USPS to me. Unfortunately they cut of the phone number so its only my adress left on the parcel...
For now its in limbo...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-21 um 10.12.30.png

• Like 1
liquido
6 hours ago, Dafey said:

General Norman “Mr. Postman” Fulgencio

Thank God "Mr. Postman now is on the job....

• Haha 1
HeyMike
2 hours ago, liquido said:

Thank God "Mr. Postman now is on the job....

It's the strangest thing.... This song just popped into my head and I don't know why.... hmmm....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
to_dave007
8 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I've begged her to have a computer.

NOPE.....

she could visit her local business centre.. and have them scan it and email it for her..  most could do that..  at least in Canada.  Then she could WRITE the letter old school, and have it DELIERED fast.. without having to touch a keyboard.

• Like 2
cookie47
she could visit her local business centre.. and have them scan it and email it for her..  most could do that..  at least in Canada.  Then she could WRITE the letter old school, and have it DELIERED fast.. without having to touch a keyboard.

Thanks ,I'll work on that..I personally just pick up the phone and she does likewise ,But she loves to write,Send Christmas and birthday Cards.....

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 1
M.C.A.

Still waiting for a check my Step Mom sent us last Christmas regular mail, she has since passed away.

• Sad 1
Swissrider
Still waiting for a check my Step Mom sent us last Christmas regular mail, she has since passed away.
Very sad she passed away. But using checks is a thing of the past. I mean everybody (or almost) has now internet banking. And if not there is still Western Union etc. I think the last time I saw a check must have been 25 years ago or so. But it seems in the US checks are still popular. Rather surprising for a high tech country.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
arentol
15 minutes ago, Swissrider said:

Very sad she passed away. But using checks is a thing of the past. I mean everybody (or almost) has now internet banking. And if not there is still Western Union etc. I think the last time I saw a check must have been 25 years ago or so. But it seems in the US checks are still popular. Rather surprising for a high tech country.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Try buying a vehicle, renting a home, or doing any other recurring payment and you'll see that checks are definitely not a "thing of the past" here in Philippines. There's a seemingly undying affinity here for post-dated checks and I still have the hand cramps to prove it.

And I think US lost its claim to being a high tech country many moons ago.

Fantastic news about PhilPost, though, sounds like the dream of letter delivery within 8-12 months will now become a reality. 😐

Aren

Edited by arentol
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
rfm010
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

reported zero backlogs of undelivered letters and parcels in Metro Manila

I guess that means i've already  gotten all the 2020 christmas cards that i'm going to get.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3