Flight home via Qatar (American Airlines)

SkyMan
33 minutes ago, liquido said:

Can you show me the link that says the RT-PCR test has to be done less than 48 hours before flight?Is that because your transferring through Qatar?

Yes, that's a Qatar rule. US and Taiwan are 72.

• Like 1
lamoe
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, liquido said:

You say you are returning sept 2 and your not legally married..so I guess your taking it that the RP might be open to foreigner tourist(hoping your correct) by sept 2?.

Can you show me the link that says the RT-PCR test has to be done less than 48 hours before flight?Is that because your transferring through Qatar?The USA is less than 72 hours(previous post by a member said its what the country of entry requires..

Im a little confused as you can see......

Yep

Initial flight was for Tuesday - got PCR on Sunday - "Sorry sir, your test is 4 hours past limit"

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/travel-alerts/COVID-19-update.html

Regular resident permit holders currently in the State of Qatar will automatically receive an exceptional entry permit upon departure.

Effective 25 April 2021, all passengers travelling to Qatar as their final destination need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR taken within 72 hours prior to their scheduled arrival time in Doha.

Effective 29 April 2021, passengers arriving or transiting in Qatar who have been in or transited through India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to their scheduled departure time from these countries.  

Effective 05 June 2021, passengers arriving or transiting in Qatar who have been in or transited through Vietnam need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to their scheduled departure time from these countries.  

Edited by lamoe