Cost of Septic Tank

Edd

Just looking for some info on cost from anybody who has had a Septic Tank built recently.

The Septic Tank is to be dug inside a small house in Mambaling.  It will be 5 foot by 5 foot and 7 foot deep.  the floor to be dug through is cemented.  I have been quoted that it will take 3 men 10 days.  The cost I have been quoted is 15,000 peso.  That price is for labor only, from digging the pit through to completion, brickwork inside plus finishing. I have no idea about building costs here, is that a fair price to pay?

• Like 1
cvgtpc1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Edd said:

Just looking for some info on cost from anybody who has had a Septic Tank built recently.

The Septic Tank is to be dug inside a small house in Mambaling.  It will be 5 foot by 5 foot and 7 foot deep.  the floor to be dug through is cemented.  I have been quoted that it will take 3 men 10 days.  The cost I have been quoted is 15,000 peso.  That price is for labor only, from digging the pit through to completion, brickwork inside plus finishing. I have no idea about building costs here, is that a fair price to pay?

1500p a day for 3?  I'd say definitely and would wonder why so cheap.  How skilled are they. You get what you pay for.  Unless one is skilled and the other two getting 250 each maybe.  Great deal especially if not feeding them.

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Like 1
to_dave007
6 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

1500p a day for 3?  I'd say definitely and would wonder why so cheap.  How skilled are they. You get what you pay for.  Unless one is skilled and the other two getting 250 each maybe.  Great deal especially if not feeding them.

Out here in province, 1,500 a day would get you good 3 guys with pretty good skills.  But in Mambaling I know the labor costs quite a bit higher.  I would want the senior guy to have good skills for this job, as it will be excavated INSIDE an existing house, which COULD lead to some rather serious issues if not done well.

Is two weeks the right duration or the job?  Will the septic tank be dug into sand or soil or hard limestone?  and will they use a jackhammer or do it the hard way? 

11 hours ago, Edd said:

Does "finishing" include installing a toilet or any plumbing?

• Like 2