Wife wants land in Santa Cruz Laguna. Any members reside in the area?

Shineyhead

Its time for me to cough up some $ so MIL can have a house. Spouse and i are stateside currently. Since i have worked hard for my money, and this is a gift to her, i tend to be cautious and she is well..... not so much....  You know what im saying.  Basically we are both ignorant about prices there etc. Hoping one of you fine people might be in that area or perhaps point me to another forum perhaps, where i can reach out. THANKS!

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
18 minutes ago, Shineyhead said:

Its time for me to cough up some $ so MIL can have a house. Spouse and i are stateside currently. Since i have worked hard for my money, and this is a gift to her, i tend to be cautious and she is well..... not so much....  You know what im saying.  Basically we are both ignorant about prices there etc. Hoping one of you fine people might be in that area or perhaps point me to another forum perhaps, where i can reach out. THANKS!

The only thing I can tell you is never do a construction project that you are not here to supervise. You are not likely to get the job done correctly and for sure it will not be done cost effectively.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007
50 minutes ago, Shineyhead said:

You looking to buy LAND, or a house, or both.  From the title I assume you wanted land only at this time... with house to come later. Sounds like your question should read as "how much is land in Laguna"  or "what land can I buy for $xxx in Laguna"

I see you have visited quite a few times.  Any reason you can't wait until next time you are here.. This covid stuff will be over soon enough eventually.

Sorry.. can't offer anything more.

• Like 1
maximian

We live not far from Santa Cruz and land prices have gone up a lot in the past 18 months. Certain areas of the town are prone to flooding due to the proximity of laguna de bay, so best avoided. If its a small lot you/they are looking for there are plenty of sort of subdivisions near the national highway. Personally i wouldn't want to live there but convenience wise  that might be the best option for you. 

Why Santa Cruz? There are much nicer towns in the area.

• Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

We lived in Santa Rosa, Laguna for a short time and found it to be a nice and convenient location. That was over 10 years ago though. There has been a lot of growth since then. 

• Thanks 1
Daddle

We drive thru Sta. Cruz frequently...on the way to nicer places. Nothing wrong with the place. Nothing remarkable either. A waterfall? Seems to be in a busy development phase. Have met several agents hawking land and developments thereabout...which is always a warning sign. The traffic towards Laguna proper can be horrendous around Los Banos. With no solution in our lifetimes. I suppose if there is some other reason to live there such as relatives then so be it. Otherwise many other places would be better and have less speculative prices. 

• 4 weeks later...
Shineyhead
On 6/27/2021 at 11:56 PM, maximian said:

We live not far from Santa Cruz and land prices have gone up a lot in the past 18 months. Certain areas of the town are prone to flooding due to the proximity of laguna de bay, so best avoided. If its a small lot you/they are looking for there are plenty of sort of subdivisions near the national highway. Personally i wouldn't want to live there but convenience wise  that might be the best option for you. 

Why Santa Cruz? There are much nicer towns in the area.

Thanks maximian. Ive never been to Santa Cruz but MIL and wife from there. So we start looking there. Which nicer towns are you thinking of please? 

Shineyhead
On 6/27/2021 at 9:42 PM, to_dave007 said:

You looking to buy LAND, or a house, or both.  From the title I assume you wanted land only at this time... with house to come later. Sounds like your question should read as "how much is land in Laguna"  or "what land can I buy for $xxx in Laguna"

I see you have visited quite a few times.  Any reason you can't wait until next time you are here.. This covid stuff will be over soon enough eventually.

Sorry.. can't offer anything more.

my preference would be to buy house and lot. Fixer upper would be good. Ive built here stateside and if i were to be living in Laguna i would have a house built, wont do so not living there. Hope to travel back to ph over christmas time, IF things have settled by then. All im wanting by my post is to get things in motion someway. Your reply is appreciated dave007

• Like 1
softail

My wife’s family all live in Los Banos Laguna, the traffic is totally insane to put it mildly. Santa Cruz, Los Banos are really unremarkable in every sense. My recommendation would be Nuvali Santa Rosa Laguna. It is more expensive but in my experience is well worth it. Has a couple of really nice malls, movie theaters, great restaurants, clean and orderly. OH, almost forgot, 2 good quality  hospitals. The way I feel about it, when I am home I feel almost like I am stateside, I hop in the car leave the area and I am back in the Philippines.

Now if only I could back home to the Philippines I would be really happy. Been stuck stateside for the last 14 months. Right now is really hard to get tickets.

Edited by softail
  • Like 3