• Administrator
Salty Dog

Seal with white background

U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines

U.S. Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines

June 1, 2021

Passport Services at the U.S. Embassy and Consular Agency in the Philippines;

Return travel to the United States with an Expired U.S. Passport

Passport services are available by appointment at the U.S. Embassy and Consular Agency in the Philippines.  We encourage U.S. citizens in the Philippines to renew their passports prior to travel whenever feasible.  The U.S. Embassy in Manila can issue an emergency passport for urgent travel in many instances.  If you have confirmed travel within the next two weeks, please contact the U.S. Embassy at [email protected] to request an in-person appointment for an emergency passport.  We cannot issue emergency passports at the Consular Agency in Cebu.

If you are unable to renew your passport before travel, and your U.S. passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021.  U.S. citizens returning to the United States from the Philippines must have an updated Philippine visa in their passport and the appropriate exit clearances from the Bureau of Immigration (BI) prior to departure.  This may not be possible using an expired U.S. passport in all instances, and BI may request that you obtain a new passport before authorizing your departure from the Philippines.  You also may experience difficulties transiting through regional airport hubs with an expired U.S. passport. 

Actions to Take: 

-Visit the Bureau of Immigration’s website for information about updating your Philippine visa and securing the appropriate exit clearances prior to departure.

-Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators for the latest information about your travel plans and potential travel restrictions.

-Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest information on travel and entry requirements for the United States.

-Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Philippines.

-Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.

-Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for more information.

-All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages and ensure you can be located in an emergency.

-Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.

Assistance:

Blue CA shield

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
samatm

so the notice is like... Well you can return on your old passport...but its up to the Philippines BI.   In our case.   I guess my wife could do that..  she could leave on her Philippines Passport ...and use her Old US passport ..to Enter the US of A.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
SkyMan
29 minutes ago, samatm said:

In our case.   I guess my wife could do that..  she could leave on her Philippines Passport ...and use her Old US passport ..to Enter the US of A.   

I wonder if the BI would let her out without a valid US visa in her RP passport.

• Like 1
smokey

I just renewed mine the guy at waterfront in cebu said if u need to leave before u get ur new passport u can go to manila get an emergency on but it takes a few days ... it took under 4 weeks to get my new one delivered by air 21

• Like 1