TV / Internet for part time residence

topcat72m
30 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Cignal TV is a satalite service, you pay the initial costs for equipment and installation. Then pay as you go. Usually carry English FC league.

Gsat close to the same.

Internet - you have many companies Pldt, globe and smart offering different types like over the air radio frequencies to cell towers, cable, fiber optic, and dsl. Some are   
available depending on your location and some are no contract required. Call them or visit a store. 

Internet viewing - Netflix et al all determine your location over the internet unless you use a vpn in the PH.

Thank you. I got that above. I will try them when there. I don't mind the initial set up costs. As long as there is no long contract. 

On 6/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, Soupeod said:

Gsat , Cignal prepaid, pay monthly. Probably more out there for TV.

Internet, get a pocket wifi 

Perfect thank you. 😊

• Like 1
topcat72m
On 6/10/2021 at 11:40 PM, Paddy said:

Yes. It’s how many folk get more than a few fuzzy broadcast channels. If you install it, and disappear a few months later, you’re only going to be out the initial 1-2k cost. 

The Cignal box comes with an ID number. You load to that number - pretty much the same as a pre-paid phone. How much you load determines how many channels and how long they will work. Until we installed fibre cable services, we used to spend about 600 pesos per month. Loading was done by one of the sari-sari stores in the village. 

And this. Great info guys. Thanks.