Eco-friendly shopping bags

Kreole

What is the material used in the multi colored eco-bags being sold in the PH?  Is it biodegradable?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kreole

• lamoe

• HongKongPhooey

• samatm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far better than passing over your tastebuds.  Yuch.  

Okay guys, the topic is the ever popular and riveting "Eco-friendly paper bags" Please, take your circle jerk to another forum

Just have yourself a bag like this. Been using this bayong bag since 2012 until now.

Posted Images

Kreole

In Siquijor town, I just spoke with some vendors at the fish market and they said that some Filipinos come with tuperware containers; others just carry the wet fish home in eco-bags.  But very few bring plastic bags.  The vendors are really paranoid to have any plastic bags around their market stalls because they fear an inspector will think it is theirs.  Even when I pulled out my own used plastic bags the ladies looked worried, so there must be quite a local crack down. 

• 1 month later...
samatm

I would be willing to stake large sums of money that the Eco bags produced and sold here are 10x more toxic to the environment than a simple bioD  plastic bag like the kind that SaveMore and others used to provide. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, samatm said:

I would be willing to stake large sums of money that the Eco bags produced and sold here are 10x more toxic to the environment than a simple bioD  plastic bag like the kind that SaveMore and others used to provide. 

You're probably correct...if you used them once and tossed them. I've got eco bags that I've used dozens of times and are still probably going to get triple that use out of them. So when you figure the single use plastic bags I'm not using, it helps.

• Like 2
lamoe
5 hours ago, Dafey said:

You're probably correct...if you used them once and tossed them. I've got eco bags that I've used dozens of times and are still probably going to get triple that use out of them. So when you figure the single use plastic bags I'm not using, it helps.

Agree - the problem with the reusable ECO bags is what they put into them and if they clean them occasionally. Not for the environment, their own health. Tata is cleanliness OCD and washes ours out every use, especially the fish specific bag (the fish always in double  plastic bags).

• Like 1