Fresh
11 hours ago, BossHog said:

The speaker was from SONY PH OFFICIAL STORE.

The "official" stores are terrible, their selection is even worse than resellers, that goes for electronics, clothing, food, all of it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samatm

• HeyMike

• Fresh

• cookie47

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here in Masbate, Lazada won’t do COD but Shopee does - so Shopee is the local go to platform. Depending on total order value, it has occasionally been necessary to pay up front I must say I have

Lazada has the worst search engine but is the most reliable on service. Hoping someday they can come near Amazon standards but then prices would skyrocket.

We use both. About the same. Wayyy out in the provinces. Delivery is magical. Always COD.

Posted Images

samatm
On 6/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, wondersailor said:

I have also seen orders cancelled by sellers then reappear for sale by same seller at a higher price. Both Lazada and Shopee need to step up and keep track of items available for sale and number sold. Both are playing a low overhead game and are just a listing agent and no control over inventory and games played by sellers.

Ya..  I  Had an order on Shopee from a Manila seller... then he cancelled the order citing some mumbo jumbo ... and said his Lazada store could fulfill it.  Of  course it was about 300.00 pesos  more expensive.       Felt like it was a bait and switch.     I had already paid too.   so I had to rely on Shopee to refund me... which took forever because.. at that time I hadn't linked to Shopee cash.. or whatever they call it.

bernadette
On 6/1/2021 at 4:57 PM, HeyMike said:

I just tried to log into my shopee account and they need to send a verification code to my phone before I can log in. The joke is on me... I don't have a phone, ergo I  guess I will never be able to buy on shopee. Alas, the struggles of living in the Philippines.

Edit: Do you need an account to buy on shopee?

Just login using your mobile number

crazygolfer

Actually, no phone needed to logon to Shopee, but you need to have Facebook, Google or Apple account. But having no phone how are the delivery guys going to contact you?

HeyMike
26 minutes ago, crazygolfer said:

Actually, no phone needed to logon to Shopee, but you need to have Facebook, Google or Apple account. But having no phone how are the delivery guys going to contact you?

I'm batting a thousand. I have none of those... FB, Goggle, or Apple. I think I used my bro-in-laws number only for deliveries.

If I can get into my account, I could change the number to my pocket wifi sym. But they are sending a verification number to what I have on my account. I guess I had a phone when I created the account, but things changed sine then.

HeyMike
2 hours ago, bernadette said:

Just login using your mobile number

The problem is that they are sending a login verification number to a phone number I no longer have. So I can not retrieve the verification number to login.

• Like 1
cookie47
1 hour ago, HeyMike said:

The problem is that they are sending a login verification number to a phone number I no longer have. So I can not retrieve the verification number to login.

Just an idea....

I had virtually the same problem with my Australian bank..

When in Australia they would send me a verification text to conduct transactions.

However when in the Philippines this didn't work.(International text sending issues with the bank).

So using my banks secure email ,,, I changed my method of verification to an email....Now (for you),, Could it be possible to email shoppe? (Lazada has a help desk Which I've used on a couple of occasions).And request to change your account verification method to an email.

• Thanks 1
HeyMike
6 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Just an idea....

I had virtually the same problem with my Australian bank..

When in Australia they would send me a verification text to conduct transactions.

However when in the Philippines this didn't work.(International text sending issues with the bank).

So using my banks secure email ,,, I changed my method of verification to an email....Now (for you),, Could it be possible to email shoppe? (Lazada has a help desk Which I've used on a couple of occasions).And request to change your account verification method to an email.

I am not sure if shopee would use an email to send the login verification. There is a way to change the mobile number here: https://help.shopee.ph/ph/s/article/How-do-I-change-my-mobile-number-1542963021323  ... but it is too complicated for me.

They want a copy of some sort of id like a drivers license or passport, etc..  I believe it would be simpler for me to just create another account.

• Like 1
cookie47
8 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

I believe it would be simpler for me to just create another account.

Yes I agree.It would be easier to get an audience with the Pope....

Starting a new account seems like the option, BUT don't use ANY details at all from your old account ,username, password,,YA,GOT to make everything new (which might sound crazy) as they WILL cross reference any previous details on the database and MAY reject the new account on security reasons..I had this with PayPal some years ago...

• Thanks 1

Just purchased a simple cheapie meat grinder on Shopee ... it arrived in good shape in 4 days total.    I had  wasted a lot of time looking around  Ayala and SM and Handyman looking for one.   No one carries meat grinders.    Anyway.  Shopee was easy peasy.    Ill let yall know how the home made  sausages turn out.. once I receive my casings -- again from Shopee.   

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, samatm said:

I had  wasted a lot of time looking around  Ayala and SM

Not a good time to be in the mall business, very good time to be in the Shopee business. Boosted by lockdowns, the amazon.com of SE Asia is just going to get bigger and bigger the same way amazon.com did. Same as Grab car, Grab food, etc.

Over the past decade, fast internet in the PH is gradually changing everything, now you have the same online businesses and services of any developed nation, an expats dream come true.

3 hours ago, samatm said:

Just purchased a simple cheapie meat grinder on Shopee ... it arrived in good shape in 4 days total.    I had  wasted a lot of time looking around  Ayala and SM and Handyman looking for one.   No one carries meat grinders.    Anyway.  Shopee was easy peasy.    Ill let yall know how the home made  sausages turn out.. once I receive my casings -- again from Shopee.   

Really like it except for the final leg delivery 3-4 hrs outside Tacloban, then the fun begins.

cookie47
11 hours ago, Fresh said:

Over the past decade, fast internet in the PH is gradually changing everything, now you have the same online businesses and services of any developed nation, an expats dream come true.

Yes true, Despite the favouritism between shoppee and Lazada I can assure people that as seniors Lazada has been a godsend to us particularly during the senior lockdown.Yes it's true to say that we "were allowed" to go out to the doctor and purchase essentials but with the added risks of catching covide we decided that to stay at home Lazada was our best option (augmented by neighbours).From gardening products to bulk tinned sardines, and car parts ,and everything in between. We are virtually on a  first name basis with Lex drivers who were so helpful when ONE  delivery went astray..

We are in a subdivision that is well known and has Easy access which obviously helps ..

This post is not intended to Start a battle between Lazada and Shoppe.

Only pointing out our personal experience ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Really like it except for the final leg delivery 3-4 hrs outside Tacloban, then the fun begins.

ohhhhh  grabeh..  whats your experiences?    this a good bad and ugly thread btw.

12 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yes true, Despite the favoritism between shoppee and Lazada I can assure people that as seniors Lazada has been a godsend to us particularly during the senior lockdown. Yes it's true to say that we "were allowed" to go out to the doctor and purchase essentials but with the added risks of catching covidwe decided that to stay at home Lazada was our best option (augmented by neighbors).From gardening products to bulk tinned sardines, and car parts ,and everything in between. We are virtually on a  first name basis with Lex drivers who were so helpful when ONE  delivery went astray..

We are in a subdivision that is well known and has Easy access which obviously helps ..

This post is not intended to Start a battle between Lazada and Shoppe.

Only pointing out our personal experience ....

12 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Thats very Cool.   When i first tried lazada.. years ago it was horrible ..so i didn't  venture back until last year during covid..  I have tried both and am equally satisfied with both Lazada and Shopee.     I  do wish they both had more  higher quality products .     That said... I prefer Shopee and the wife prefers Lazada... and i can't really tell  you why...maybe its that annoying Shopee  cry that interrupts me...from time to time. 

• Like 1