samatm

I am a casual user of Shopee and Lazada.  Since covid started I began using more and more mailorder.     Their services seem to have really improved since i first tried Lazada  years ago.    I have been pleasantly surprised with shops that keep me well informed,  have tracking numbers etc.     Do you guys have any stories  good or bad about these two online shops?   Anything that you regularly buy?   Any good  shops that you recommend?     Share your successes and share your pains.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fresh

• HeyMike

• BossHog

• samatm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here in Masbate, Lazada won’t do COD but Shopee does - so Shopee is the local go to platform. Depending on total order value, it has occasionally been necessary to pay up front I must say I have

All from NCR Manila region. The speaker was from SONY PH OFFICIAL STORE. I just now re-ordered but who knows? I wouldn't even mind driving to a store and paying full retail. Thing is, there are n

Lazada has the worst search engine but is the most reliable on service. Hoping someday they can come near Amazon standards but then prices would skyrocket.

Posted Images

HeyMike

Lazada has been pretty reliable for me in the province with deliveries in the past. I only buy COD.

Shopee allowed me to order items only to tell me later that they don't deliver to Barili.

I am not sure how things are now... it's been a while since I ordered from either of them.

• Like 1
cookie47

Well we're hooked on Lazada (one a week for over 12 months)... which has been a godsend as we are both seniors and thus were housebound for months due to Covide 19 .We do have good neighbours that helped but Lazada IS our go to.Theres not much you can't buy once you start looking.We did try shopee but only one order ,It was ok no complaints But drifted back to Lazada.(we have a low value debit card on file) so ordering is very easy.

I only have a few stores saved for return orders but usually i Just surf till I find something at the price.Our delivery partner is LEX,,very reliable , Always a text in the morning for around a 1300h delivery... Only two "issues" ..One item was delivered to the wrong address (1/2 K away ,)(surname was similar to mine),but the lady from the address dropped it off so it turned out ok...

I recently ordered a section of shade cloth to keep the midday sun off my wife's plants, Instead of shade cloth we got a plastic type tarpaulin (Trapal)..which can be used, but not what we were expecting..I contacted  the  sellers but no reply. Anyway ya got to suck it Up and move on sometimes...

• Thanks 1
Fresh

Shopee is by far the better shopping experience, Lazada is years behind, you can't even search by most popular, or by latest.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Lazada has the worst search engine but is the most reliable on service. Hoping someday they can come near Amazon standards but then prices would skyrocket.

• Like 3
Daddle

We use both. About the same. Wayyy out in the provinces. Delivery is magical. Always COD.

• Like 3
Fresh
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Lazada has the worst search engine but is the most reliable on service.

Platinum Shopee member, I get immediate live chat, never missed a package, and the only problem I ever had was on one shipment the seller shipped a wrong color. Service couldn't be better.

• Like 1
wondersailor

Definitely Shopee is my go to site. Lazada is a distant second because of higher prices and who owns the site. I do a lot of shopping online.

• Like 1
samatm

I received a package from Shopee a month ago and  was surprised it wasn't delivered by JnT... but it was an in house "Shopee Delivery"   They are getting smart and trying to handle all aspects of  the transaction.   

• Like 1
samatm
Posted (edited)

I bought some Mason Jars from Shopee but the seller was in Cebu so she skirted the interface and had it delivered within hours.  Paid Maxim delivery   COD.    I did feel a bit sleazy gaming the shopee interface though so I probably wont do  that again unless I have good reason like  speed of delivery..etc.. 

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1
Fresh
7 minutes ago, samatm said:

I received a package from Shopee a month ago and  was surprised it wasn't delivered by JnT... but it was an in house "Shopee Delivery"   They are getting smart and trying to handle all aspects of  the transaction.   

You select the shipper when you pay for the order, "Standard" would be the Shopee Xpress driver, it's costs less but is always estimated to arrive after the private carriers.

RogerDuMond

Lazada for us. Shopee delivery options are selected by the sellers and many sellers don't use services that deliver to our area. Lazada arranges all shipping. I would prefer not to have LBC though as they take much longer than Ninjavan or Entrego because there is an added step in delivery that takes 6 days. Lazada being owned by Alibaba does give us a much wider selection.

With Lazada you do have to know how to use their search engine as any misspelling or wrong word negates your search.

Payment options are much easier with Lazada also as you pay to Lazada and not the seller. That means you can use a card where most sellers on Shopee don't take charge cards.

• Like 1
wondersailor
3 hours ago, Fresh said:

You select the shipper when you pay for the order, "Standard" would be the Shopee Xpress driver, it's costs less but is always estimated to arrive after the private carriers.

But in fact, faster than J&T for me

samatm
2 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Payment options are much easier with Lazada also as you pay to Lazada and not the seller. That means you can use a card where most sellers on Shopee don't take charge cards.

Thats  not my experience with Shopee.     What I like about Shopee is that payment is not released to seller until you are satisfied with product  or after 30 days from delivery.. or something like that..   I usually pay by my BPI debit card. 

HeyMike
Posted (edited)

I just tried to log into my shopee account and they need to send a verification code to my phone before I can log in. The joke is on me... I don't have a phone, ergo I  guess I will never be able to buy on shopee. Alas, the struggles of living in the Philippines.

Edit: Do you need an account to buy on shopee?

Edited by HeyMike