Wait Period for PSA Birth Certificate?

arentol

Hi guys,

So last year we had a baby right smack in the middle of the pandemic. The birth was registered within the required time.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with how long it takes for the Birth Certificate to be available for order from PSA? i.e., how long to digitize the BC and be ready-for-print on PSA paper. (NOT asking how long it takes to receive a PSA doc).

Right now we're about 10 days shy of it being 1 year and psahelpline.ph said, "The certificate you are requesting for may not be digitized yet by the PSA."

...so I'm guessing that 1 year has to officially pass? Just wondering if anyone has recent experience.

Thanks!

Aren

OnNo

One month went thru. Worst case they charge you and return no record. 

We noted the same harsh disclaimers- a conservative generic warning that ignores many variables.

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno

I understand that a fair number of people either have no birth cert or have one with errors ie the wrong sex  and they get new birth certs many years later ( when they have a need such as getting a passport)

• Thanks 1
to_dave007
7 hours ago, arentol said:

wondering if any of you have experience with how long it takes for the Birth Certificate to be available for order from PSA? i.e., how long to digitize the BC and be ready-for-print on PSA paper. (NOT asking how long it takes to receive a PSA doc).

My daughter was born in Cebu City maternity clinic in September 2019, and her "local birth certificate" was submitted for PSA registration at that time.  Neither my wife or I handled it directly. Was handled by the clinic.

Shortly thereafter, I learned that the Canadian embassy staff in Manila would have an outreach in Cebu City in January 2020.  I wanted to submit an application for Canadian Citizenship Certificate at the outreach, so I knew that I would need PSA Birth Certificate.  When I asked at local registrar office in Tuburan.. they said that it would normally take 1 year to complete the PSA registration, unless the application for registration was "endorsed" at submittal.. requesting an expedited processing.  Expedited processing would be complete within 3 months..  rather than a year.

Normally you can request expedited processing at the Registrar office where the document is submitted..  provided that you get it done within the month of submittal.. because at the end of the month all the submitted documents are bundled up and sent to the PSA for processing.  In my case..  we were already past the end of September..  so they (Cebu City registrar) told me that I must go the PSA office to request expedited processing.  So.. to PSA I went..  not to the normal PSA office where you request PSA documents.. but to a PSA office located just beside the McDonalds close to St Nino church.  I went there.  completed their application for expedited processing.. and that was it.

And I had the PSA birth certificate in time for Canadian Citizenship Certificate application at the January 2020 outreach.

Then COVID hit... The Canadian application is still in processing..  and no doubt PSA processing times are longer than they used to be.

• Thanks 2
cvgtpc1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I understand that a fair number of people either have no birth cert or have one with errors ie the wrong sex  and they get new birth certs many years later ( when they have a need such as getting a passport)

A niece is dealing with that now.  Going to take the teaching board and she's a male on her BC so now months to get that changed before she can take it.  Why not fixed 21 years ago...it is what it is I guess.

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Thanks 1
cvgtpc1
11 hours ago, arentol said:

Hi guys,

So last year we had a baby right smack in the middle of the pandemic. The birth was registered within the required time.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with how long it takes for the Birth Certificate to be available for order from PSA? i.e., how long to digitize the BC and be ready-for-print on PSA paper. (NOT asking how long it takes to receive a PSA doc).

Right now we're about 10 days shy of it being 1 year and psahelpline.ph said, "The certificate you are requesting for may not be digitized yet by the PSA."

...so I'm guessing that 1 year has to officially pass? Just wondering if anyone has recent experience.

Thanks!

Aren

Pre-digital Philippines 35 yrs ago got that all wrapped up for two kids in a week after each birth.  In some aspects digital is a step backwards there.

• Thanks 1