canning jars

Kreole

I would like to buy some canning jars to use with my Oster blender, preferably 8oz, but 16oz is ok.   I have looked on Lazada and Shopee and they do have some but at $5 each they are a bit expensive for a jar. Salamat

BossHog

Ace Hardware. I've bought bought a lot of the pint and quart sized mason jars from them. A slab of a dozen jars is usually under 1,500 pesos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Kreole
1 hour ago, BossHog said:

Ace Hardware. I've bought bought a lot of the pint and quart sized mason jars from them. A slab of a dozen jars is usually under 1,500 pesos. 

Salamat, Boss

Kreole
3 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Do you know if they sell them individually?  I only need 3 or 4

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

Do you know if they sell them individually?  I only need 3 or 4

I suppose one could always ask the store clerk.   I usually find that quite effective

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
RogerDuMond

I bought ours at SM, but don't remember what I paid for them and they came in packs of four.

• Thanks 2
Kreole
46 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I suppose one could always ask the store clerk.   I usually find that quite effective

I do not remember asking you the question.  It was clearly for BossHog.  But you seem to have a need to troll me, as you did in another post about the exchange rate.  I really do not know a nice way to say F.O., but don't you have better things to do with you time than make smart remarks that add nothing to the post?  Get a life!  If admin want to step in and delete my post, then please do the same each time Davaoneo trolls me.  That would be fair.

27 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

I bought ours at SM, but don't remember what I paid for them and they came in packs of four.

Salamat, Is that SM grocery store?

• Confused 1
Kahuna
2 minutes ago, Kreole said:

I do not remember asking you the question.  It was clearly for BossHog.  But you seem to have a need to troll me, as you did in another post about the exchange rate.  I really do not know a nice way to say F.O., but don't you have better things to do with you time than make smart remarks that add nothing to the post?  Get a life!  If admin want to step in and delete my post, then please do the same each time Davaoneo trolls me.  That would be fair.

Your question was one for the members  and you did not specify just who.  Davaoeno's post was meant to be helpful since sometimes the obvious does not come into mind and a reminder may make it seem like unneeded advice but it's not an invite for a bruha so tone it down please and see it as the help it was intended to be.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Kreole
3 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Your question was one for the members  and you did not specify just who.  Davaoeno's post was meant to be helpful since sometimes the obvious does not come into mind and a reminder may make it seem like unneeded advice but it's not an invite for a bruha so tone it down please and see it as the help it was intended to be.  

Sorry, I forgot to address it to BossHog.  I will be more specific in the future.

• Thanks 1
Kahuna
3 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Sorry, I forgot to address it to BossHog.  I will be more specific in the future.

If you want to ask specific members questions and you wish to avoid forum confusion I suggest using the message function. :hi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
samatm
7 hours ago, BossHog said:

Hey Boss.. when was that?  I understand that canning jars and lids have been in tight supply due to the Pandemic..      I  did see some Mason Jars at the Peso store  IT Park  for 88 Pesos each last month.  

BossHog
Posted (edited)

The Mason jars from Ace Hardware get delivered through Lazada. Think we have hundreds now. We use them for lots of stuff. Homemade pickles and chicken liver pate for example but mostly for aging pipe tobacco. If you wanted just a few I'd highly recommend looking for the French brand Le Parfait which may be a little expensive but really good quality and readily available here from the usual online shops. I've surprisingly even stumbled across them cheaply at provincial supermarkets. Since they use a rubber gasket they won't rust out like the Mason jar lids and need replacing.

Le-Parfait-Canning-Storage-Jars.thumb.jpg.3ad055d87b7bf7cc8f8695e6db568d12.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 2
bernadette

Try to inquire at Cebu Glass Bottles. They have an fb page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Kreole

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.  I found a couple of sources at Ayala, Metro (kitchen supplies 4th floor) and another hardware store across the open area on the2nd floor.  In addition, I found more at Metro Gaisano in Colon.  I did not realize they were so readily available and in good supply.  The ones at Metro Ayala have a handle and for the 8oz cost P200 and 4oz P140 each.  At Metro Colon the 8oz is P160, a P30 difference from Ayala.  The 4oz were the same price; not so cheap, but they are durable and the perfect fit for the Oster Osterizer blender.  My first projects will be applesauce and then pesto; sky's the limit from there.  A note to BossHog, the 12 pack at the hardware store was P1450; not sold separately.  However they are smaller (3oz ?) and probably not suitable for use with the blender.