Jump to content

Keto Chocolate Donut


Recommended Posts

bernadette

Here's another Sweet Treat I baked the other day.

Keto Chocolate Donut Recipe:

 

4 large eggs

•          1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (112 grams)

•          3 tablespoons whole milk

•          1 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals 1/3 cup sugar)

•          ¼ cup coconut flour

•          ¼ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not treated with alkali)*

•          ¼ teaspoon sea salt

•          ¼ teaspoon baking soda

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10 silicone donut pan cavities.

Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, milk and stevia.

Whisk in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.

Fill the donut pan cavities 3/4 full. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted in donuts comes out clean, about 17 minutes.

Place the pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes

 

If you like to add some toppings you can make some choco butternut by mixing  this ingredients

 

·         6 tablespoons unsalted butter

·         1 1/2 cups coconut flour

·         1/2 cup granulated sweetener

·         Orange sweetener 

·         (optional) desiccated coconut

 

175580016_10224153948652936_772070616708978836_n.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy

If you could duplicate the Dunkin Donuts double chocolate donut you’d have a customer!😀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24

There's a chain here that has a caramel-and-bacon donut, which sounds strange until you try one - - they are truly awesome. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
1 hour ago, Chris24 said:

a caramel-and-bacon donut,

These are actually listed on CDC guidance as a co-morbidity.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
23 hours ago, Paddy said:

If you could duplicate the Dunkin Donuts double chocolate donut you’d have a customer!😀

not sure if I can duplicate it, but I'll try:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy
Just now, bernadette said:

not sure if I can duplicate it, but I'll try:)

My all time favourite. I used to go for double chocolate from Tim Hortons in Canada. Then I got a work assignment in Tennessee and tried a Dunkin Donuts one...soooo much better!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
23 hours ago, Chris24 said:

There's a chain here that has a caramel-and-bacon donut, which sounds strange until you try one - - they are truly awesome. 

Brilliant idea as I can only imagine how orgasmic combination it woud be.  I'll be making some soon. Need to have a perfect lowcarb caramel for this. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24
3 hours ago, bernadette said:

Brilliant idea as I can only imagine how orgasmic combination it woud be.  I'll be making some soon. Need to have a perfect lowcarb caramel for this. Thank you!

Awesome!  I hope you post pics together with your own thoughts on how they turn out.  I've read that there is a similar maple-bacon donut out there so maybe something more maple-ey than caramel-ey if that saves carbs.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy

Mentioning donuts and saving carbs in the same sentence is heresy! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Mentioning donuts and saving carbs in the same sentence is heresy! 😀

True when you're having a regular donut, but this one is a Lowcarb donut which only contains 5grams of carbs. So not that bad😊😄.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
fred42
40 minutes ago, bernadette said:

True when you're having a regular donut, but this one is a Lowcarb donut which only contains 5grams of carbs. So not that bad😊😄.

 

I just did a 13 day water fast and now 6 days into the OMAD keto diet.
I find it easier just not to think about donuts or anything sweet.. Carbs or no carbs so I`ll give this one a miss! 
BTW..Can you make carb free beer? 

Edited by fred42
Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fred42 said:

 

I just did a 13 day water fast and now 6 days into the OMAD keto diet.
I find it easier just not to think about donuts or anything sweet.. Carbs or no carbs so I`ll give this one a miss! 
BTW..Can you make carb free beer? 

Wow that's awesome! I can't as I am not a beer drinker. A coffee addict here. Not a keto expert though but all I know is that you can't have beer when in keto but you can have gin, rhum and vodka. 

Edited by bernadette
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...