Safety glasses in Cebu

Kreole
9 hours ago, SkyMan said:

If you go to the Mandaue location, realize that there are 2 stores there (for some reason).  On the left is more the Citihardware/ Ace type store while the right side is more tools. 

I just returned from the Colon store and it was an experience; very upscale and professional.  I walked every isle and even located some things I have needed for some time.  The Manduae location is just too far for me, considering the traffic congestion.  Belmont does not stock the Uvex Tomcat, so I bought 4 alternatives (King brand), all with polycarbonite lenses and they seem ok for my needs.  I brought my other glasses with me for comparison, but nothing compared with the quality of mine.  That is why I was hoping to try out the Tomcat, which you recommended.  I bought my glasses (Geox Sports glasses) 9 years ago in Colon (P450 and worth every peso), but was never able to find the store again.  Moreover, an online search only turns up Geox shoes.  I am surprised that such a quality pair of glasses have no online references.  Even many minor brands are found online, but not Geox.

The really weird thing is that I have returned to Colon many times and walked all the same streets in the area where I bought them, but have been unsuccessful.  What I have learned about the PH is that if you find an item that you especially need or like, it is very important to buy a supply, because chances are the next time you return to the store they will be "out of stock" or replaced with an inferior item, and they never know when or if the item will be restocked.  Living on Siquijor island has made me especially conscious of this issue which was severely compounded by the 12 month lockdown.  It is only recently that we have been able to travel to other islands.

As per the Uvex Tomcat, they are not available on Lazada or Shopee so I will check out Walmart and Amazon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
aabel

I do not know much about polycarbonate, but according to advertising, it is 250 times stronger than glass - and 30 times stronger than acryl. In the Philippines - I do not know.

lamoe
13 hours ago, Kreole said:

I just returned from the Colon store and it was an experience; very upscale and professional.  I walked every isle and even located some things I have needed for some time.  The Manduae location is just too far for me, considering the traffic congestion.  Belmont does not stock the Uvex Tomcat, so I bought 4 alternatives (King brand), all with polycarbonite lenses and they seem ok for my needs.  I brought my other glasses with me for comparison, but nothing compared with the quality of mine.  That is why I was hoping to try out the Tomcat, which you recommended.  I bought my glasses (Geox Sports glasses) 9 years ago in Colon (P450 and worth every peso), but was never able to find the store again.  Moreover, an online search only turns up Geox shoes.  I am surprised that such a quality pair of glasses have no online references.  Even many minor brands are found online, but not Geox.

The really weird thing is that I have returned to Colon many times and walked all the same streets in the area where I bought them, but have been unsuccessful.  What I have learned about the PH is that if you find an item that you especially need or like, it is very important to buy a supply, because chances are the next time you return to the store they will be "out of stock" or replaced with an inferior item, and they never know when or if the item will be restocked.  Living on Siquijor island has made me especially conscious of this issue which was severely compounded by the 12 month lockdown.  It is only recently that we have been able to travel to other islands.

As per the Uvex Tomcat, they are not available on Lazada or Shopee so I will check out Walmart and Amazon.

https://www.uvex-safety-shop.de/EN/category/Main-catalogue/Eye-protection

Maybe ship here?

image.thumb.png.678f73986d772ebd40b41464d6865b41.png

image.png.fb33ec875a8ad240c2705c32db2cbf4c.png

Edited by lamoe