Safety glasses in Cebu

Kreole

I need some new safety glasses for motorcycle riding (not goggles) and hope that I can find a store that has a selection.  I would much appreciate any information.  Salamat

SkyMan

Ok, so not in Cebu but can be brought or shipped. 

In the last 12 years I've gone through about 4 pair of these:

https://www.discountsafetygear.com/uvtowgrle.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=&gclid=CjwKCAjw7J6EBhBDEiwA5UUM2hf2tn7TT_ZqXebW2xfcyuqIp5iVCLTDAuHPTzvrFJ6wUG5CL8bwtBoCfwUQAvD_BwE

Can be ordered from Walmart or Amazon.  I wear the gray/smoked ones all the time and have clear ones for night riding or working with power tools.   I've bent the titanium frames pretty bad and was able to work them back into shape with pliers. Eventually the glass lenses get scratched up or one of the hinge screws wears through. They are face hugging enough you can wear them with a full face helmet. 

Uvex tomcat

• Like 1
Kreole
36 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Ok, so not in Cebu but can be brought or shipped. 

In the last 12 years I've gone through about 4 pair of these:

https://www.discountsafetygear.com/uvtowgrle.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=&gclid=CjwKCAjw7J6EBhBDEiwA5UUM2hf2tn7TT_ZqXebW2xfcyuqIp5iVCLTDAuHPTzvrFJ6wUG5CL8bwtBoCfwUQAvD_BwE

Can be ordered from Walmart or Amazon.  I wear the gray/smoked ones all the time and have clear ones for night riding or working with power tools.   I've bent the titanium frames pretty bad and was able to work them back into shape with pliers. Eventually the glass lenses get scratched up or one of the hinge screws wears through. They are face hugging enough you can wear them with a full face helmet. 

Uvex tomcat

The Tomcat glasses have a metal frame and glass lens?

The reason I wanted to see a selection in Cebu is to try them on and assess whether I liked them or not.

samatm

Pretty sure I saw some  good safety glasses at Belmont.  hardware.       

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

The Tomcat glasses have a metal frame and glass lens?

Yes, titanium frames and real safety glass lenses. And have the real safety designation inside the frame, Z87+

Kreole
1 hour ago, samatm said:

Pretty sure I saw some  good safety glasses at Belmont.  hardware.       

Where is Belmont hardware located?

Kreole
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Yes, titanium frames and real safety glass lenses. And have the real safety designation inside the frame, Z87+

Here is the description from your link so I wonder if there is a "glass" option as opposed to Polycarbonate:

Impact-Resistant Polycarbonate Lenses

99% Protection from UV Rays

Optically Corrected 10-Base

Wrap-around Design

ANSI Z87+ 

SkyMan
7 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Here is the description from your link so I wonder if there is a "glass" option as opposed to Polycarbonate:

Impact-Resistant Polycarbonate Lenses

99% Protection from UV Rays

Optically Corrected 10-Base

Wrap-around Design

ANSI Z87+ 

Ok, you're right. Polycarbonate, but not flimsy plastic. I'm not sure if there are safety glasses with actual glass. I know the safety glasses I saw in Cebu were cheap plastic junk.

Belmont has a store in Mandaue, one downtown and I think another. 

Kreole
52 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Ok, you're right. Polycarbonate, but not flimsy plastic. I'm not sure if there are safety glasses with actual glass. I know the safety glasses I saw in Cebu were cheap plastic junk.

Actually, from what I read, Polycarbonate is stronger, break and scratch resistent and superior to glass and is used for astronaut visors and other military applicatons.  I just sent a message to the company to see if they ship to the PH and the cost of shipping.  If I like them, I will buy several backup pairs.

SkyMan

Might be a better idea to use Shippingcart and order from Amazon or Walmart 

Kreole

Salamat, SkyMan

samatm

Theres one downtown old Cebu and a larger one in Mandaue  on the highway..  Please check google maps for location.

Kreole
20 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Again, I want to thank you, SkyMan for the reference to Belmont.  I never knew it existed as I have had to hunt all over Cebu for different hardware items.  I will go tomorrow.

lamoe

Depending on what you need Belmont is sometimes much more expensive but they definitely carry a wider variety of hard to find items.

Bulk purchases of nut bolts - Cebu Bolt and Screw near E mall - Tata's BIL buys for his general store from there , Cebu Bionic near Carbon also good. for plumbing

Wilcon is close to a US  "big box" store but too far for what I usually need

BTW Kapitan is good for most generic auto parts

Need to be aware of one way streets

image.thumb.png.d6012dc01823ae454522f7bbb92d5bf3.png

image.png.20b273625e1970d2ad02f7d498ba6802.png

SkyMan
12 hours ago, Kreole said:

Again, I want to thank you, SkyMan for the reference to Belmont.  I never knew it existed as I have had to hunt all over Cebu for different hardware items.  I will go tomorrow.

If you go to the Mandaue location, realize that there are 2 stores there (for some reason).  On the left is more the Citihardware/ Ace type store while the right side is more tools.