Soupeod
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

So true The motorcycle dealerships here operate on the paradigm of a pawnshop. That's where the profit is. Counter-intuitively, they are disappointed when you want to pay cash.

Same here, the price went from 150k to 100k when I paid cash.  Also many places don’t accept or can’t accept Visa.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutch

• Paddy

• Swissrider

• cookie47

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember to keep your eyes out for one of these...

Received my car today, I am really happy with it. I will post better pictures some other time, it's already dark outside.

I'll bet you just pissed off a few neighbors whose wives are now asking when they're going to get one.......  Maybe put a car cover on it, for their sake.

Posted Images

Irenicus
On 4/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, Dutch said:

American, korean and chinese brands are already off the list,

We have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson diesel automatic CRDI.  Absolutely love it and it scored extremely high on JD Power reliability and safety.  Great passing power, super comfortable and very fuel efficient (19+ KPL on long trips).  We bought ours used from another foreigner but it had all casa maintenance records and two years remaining on warranty.

If living long term here, diesel automatics are the way to go.  

Salvage/surplus/conversions, gasoline and manual trannies are too much of a headache.

As with your scooter, you need something you can depend on.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:48 AM, Davaoeno said:

I never buy new- I wait for someone else to take the big hit first! Hehe

This.  

• Like 1
Irenicus
10 hours ago, Dutch said:

Ended up buying a Mazda CX-30 AWD AT today

Nice choice.

aabel

Congrat Dutch. Mazda is a very good brand with a good reputation. I`ve had a lot of them. I do not know the CX30, but it looks ok.

Mine Mitsubishi Fuzion has a road clearance og 180 mm and that is needed for normal use. Good luck.

Paddy

A story about paying for my car...

There are no manufacturer dealerships in Masbate. Back in 2018, however, there was an Automarken branch (closed after a few months of lockdown).

Automarken sold cars from several brands essentially acting as an agent for various dealerships. Honda CamSur for my Civic. 

The car had to come from Manila via Naga. I’d put down a small deposit when ordering and asked that the car be trucked here - another 15k. The Automarken branch also arranged my insurance - some 20k. 

Silly me. I thought I’d have to pay the balance when the car was delivered to me here in Masbate. Nooooo.

Either Honda CamSur or the main Automarken (I have no idea which) said “pay and we’ll release the car”. So a bank manager’s cheque was handed over and I had to wait a number of days before the local Automarken called and said “your car is here and ready for pickup”. I confess, it was a somewhat nervous few days. List for the car was around 1.2M.

I’d also asked the question, “who pays if the ferry sinks?”. “Oh you do” was the cheerful reply. 

Fortunately the car duly arrived with just 9km on it. A good outcome but a touch stressful for a while 😀

cookie47
5 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Salvage/surplus/conversions

Absolutely PITA.....I'm on my second.(gave my first Hyundai to my BIL due to senior lockdown).As a mechanic I usually like a challenge but ,,,Jeeees.

to_dave007
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Absolutely PITA.....I'm on my second.(gave my first Hyundai to my BIL due to senior lockdown).As a mechanic I usually like a challenge but ,,,Jeeees.

cookie not a happy guy... stay outta his way today.

• Like 1
samatm
On 4/29/2021 at 7:37 PM, Dutch said:

Ended up buying a Mazda CX-30 AWD AT today, should arrive next week as it has to be shipped from Manila, they only had FWD in stock here in Cebu, will post pictures when I get it.

Total just over 2.1m including all risk insurance (theft, acts of nature, own fault etc).

Thanks for all the advice, I would've probably not even given a crossover a fair chance and gone for the Mazda 3.

Handling and size wise the CX-30 is practically identical to the 3, it just has a higher ride height and way better ground clearance, not a proper SUV but it should be able to handle most situations here in Cebu.

GREAT looking machine inside and out!      Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Remember to keep your eyes out for one of these...:biggrin_01:

d7febba1fea38edd02c76d4ef60e8e13df66280d417837d3b64b36cbe8a8b74c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
smokey
Posted (edited)

Why buy new in philippines   oh sir we take care 1st year insurance and 3 years lto

Edited by smokey
Swissrider
Ended up buying a Mazda CX-30 AWD AT today, should arrive next week as it has to be shipped from Manila, they only had FWD in stock here in Cebu, will post pictures when I get it.
Total just over 2.1m including all risk insurance (theft, acts of nature, own fault etc).
Thanks for all the advice, I would've probably not even given a crossover a fair chance and gone for the Mazda 3.
Handling and size wise the CX-30 is practically identical to the 3, it just has a higher ride height and way better ground clearance, not a proper SUV but it should be able to handle most situations here in Cebu.
Small question: Did you have to pay for the shipping Manila to Cebu ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Dutch
36 minutes ago, Swissrider said:

Small question: Did you have to pay for the shipping Manila to Cebu ?

No, it keeps getting delayed though, right now it's scheduled to arrive monday/tuesday.

• Like 1
Dutch
Posted (edited)

Received my car today, I am really happy with it.

I will post better pictures some other time, it's already dark outside.

photo_2021-05-12_14-06-16.jpg

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 7
Swissrider

Congrats. Nice car.

Chris24

I'll bet you just pissed off a few neighbors whose wives are now asking when they're going to get one.......  Maybe put a car cover on it, for their sake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3