Jump to content

Travel by car from Cebu city to Manila


Recommended Posts

PapaPat

Hello everyone. 

I'm currently from Cebu city but will be moving back to Manila for new work. I'm planning to drive because it's alot cheaper ( I already check the prices for shipping cars and also I've done that before when I move here in cebu from Manila). I read some of the articles here about traveling by car. My concern is that is it safe and doable to do that since there still pandemic and restrictions per province.. also, I'm not sure if the RoRos are available or what RoRo to ride, schedule and what port. Also, I have a dog. Do I need to secure permit for my dog if I do this road trip. 

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stay safe everyone! 

Peace!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, PapaPat said:

My concern is that is it safe and doable to do that since there still pandemic and restrictions per province.

Hey Pat, you really need to do your research om tyhis as things change almost daily. I would check directly with the ferries as they deal with it the most.

1 hour ago, PapaPat said:

Also, I have a dog. Do I need to secure permit for my dog if I do this road trip. 

Yes, and the ferrie company will also answer your questions on this. If I were you I'd drive to the pier and talk to the folks there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007

Just keep in mind that EACH ferry company will have different rules.. and the rules may vary by destination.. and each province you travel through may have its own rules, and even some municipalities may have their own rules.. especially the ones where a ferry will dock.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaPat

Okay. I checked the quickest route. 

Cebu city - bogo city then take the Super Shuttle RoRo and there's only one schedule from Bogo to Palompon, Leyte (12 NN daily) estimated travel time is 4hrs.

From Palompon port drive to Allen, Samar for approximately 8hrs.

From Allen, Samar take the MV Isla Simara to Matnog, Sorsogon. Schedule of the RoRo ( 11 AM, 5PM and 11PM) and estimated travel time is 2hrs.

From Matnog, Sorsogon it said that approximately 12 hrs drive going to Manila. 

Still thinking since I have a dog with me and I'm not sure if I can get a pet friendly hotel along the way. 

Peace ✌ 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikecon3
1 hour ago, PapaPat said:

Okay. I checked the quickest route. 

Cebu city - bogo city then take the Super Shuttle RoRo and there's only one schedule from Bogo to Palompon, Leyte (12 NN daily) estimated travel time is 4hrs.

From Palompon port drive to Allen, Samar for approximately 8hrs.

From Allen, Samar take the MV Isla Simara to Matnog, Sorsogon. Schedule of the RoRo ( 11 AM, 5PM and 11PM) and estimated travel time is 2hrs.

From Matnog, Sorsogon it said that approximately 12 hrs drive going to Manila. 

Still thinking since I have a dog with me and I'm not sure if I can get a pet friendly hotel along the way. 

Peace ✌ 

As Dave said, I hope you checked...I mean triple checked...with the ferry...each ferry. You're planning stops and driving in at least 5 different provinces...it would be a shame to have to do a quarantine in each province or get turned back halfway there because you don't have the proper pass or travel just isn't allowed!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, PapaPat said:

Okay. I checked the quickest route. 

The quickest route may not be the best in these times. Is there a ferry from Cebu directly to Manila? I would rather relax on a trip like that and quarantine once if I had to.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
5 hours ago, PapaPat said:

Cebu city - bogo city then take the Super Shuttle RoRo and there's only one schedule from Bogo to Palompon, Leyte (12 NN daily) estimated travel time is 4hrs.

When we did the reverse trip we ferried from Palompon to Danao. Might be a little faster.  Also, would imagine the regular RORO barges might be a little looser on the rules, particularly where the dog is concerned. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
M.C.A.

Unsure if this has been posted before but:

 

Traveling Soon? Make sure to register at S-PaSS to acquire travel requirements and monitor travel restriction status of your destination, full article for download below.

 

 

S Pass.docx

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey
9 hours ago, Dafey said:

The quickest route may not be the best in these times. Is there a ferry from Cebu directly to Manila? I would rather relax on a trip like that and quarantine once if I had to.

2 go does manila to cebu with cars

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaPat
25 minutes ago, smokey said:

2 go does manila to cebu with cars

I had a terrible experience with 2go when I moved my car and stuff. But thank you for the recommendation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaPat
11 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

As Dave said, I hope you checked...I mean triple checked...with the ferry...each ferry. You're planning stops and driving in at least 5 different provinces...it would be a shame to have to do a quarantine in each province or get turned back halfway there because you don't have the proper pass or travel just isn't allowed!

I understand that. After all the research and reading all the comments here, we have decided just to go with the less hassle option. We will just hire a door to door car shipment even though it's a lot expensive option and we thought that doing a road trip right now is not the best option because of the different restrictions per city/province. 

Also, upon checking, PAL offers checking in your pet compared before that you need to bring them to cargo. 

I will surely miss Cebu so much as I consider myself as a Cebuano already. Definitely will be back here in the future and maybe plan to retire here.

Thank you everyone.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...